Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Seriously, how late to the party are the Yoga 260 and 460 going to be? They're already overpriced and obsolete.

calus, Marty, JoeS and 1 other person like this.
  2. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Dedicated 1g memory for the GPU.... Looks like a GT920M :(

3. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

4. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

I was just about to hit pre-order when I backed out. I have a Microsoft store at my place of work. I'll stop in on Oct 26th to look at the Surface Book up close to make sure it's what I want.

Rashid likes this.
  5. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I am not gonna lie, the 460 and 260 have the pen in silo which makes is different than the surface book now. And as @Mesosphere has eluded to, being all in with Surface means changing your title.

I supercap pen that is rechargable is great and all, but you know when it comes down to it, LENOVO has had a crappy reputation for rolling out devices. I know for a fact that if I pre order from both companies, only Microsoft delivers on the promise.

I am here to stay with Microsoft. I wish that had a little trackpoint in the keyboard for the Book. The trackpoint is just really good for productivity.

czm2000 and ATIVQ like this.
  6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

To be fair they are wacom based, and using the new silo'd rechargeable pens, which for some is a nice advantage.

7. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Although beautiful and really putting every other company's offerings to shame, the Surface Book is just too big and too overkill for MY NEEDS. I have a custom built desktop at home, so all I need is a secondary device. That secondary device is also a tablet first, laptop second device, so I find the kickstand an absolute necessity for me now; I use it a lot more than I thought I ever would with my Surface Pro 3.

I would consider the Core M Surface Pro 4, but I'm just wondering, do you think the new Surface Pen with the eraser tip will work on the Surface Pro 3 or is there specific software magic going on in the SP4? On Wacom devices, pens with eraser functionality just work, so I wonder if there would be a similar response on N-trig.

If the new pen works, I'll likely stick with my i3 SP3 for now until the price drops a bit and some used ones hit the re-selling marketplace.

8. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm in the same boat... I can't purchase this stuff even though it looks amazing if I don't know which EXACT processor and WHICH EXACT Nvidia GPU it is.

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

The new Surface pen is listed as "compatible" with the S3 and SP3, but I'm wondering too if all the new features will work.

lonaysta likes this.
  10. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone else wish they would release a type cover for the surface book?!? I dream about having a larger surface pro, but would miss my type cover too much. Also I would miss the kickstand, which just occurred to me. Sigh.

JoeS likes this.