Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. v@gelis

v@gelis Pen Pal - Newbie

I live in Greece and bought surface Book from uk ms store. Microsoft Greece doesn't support surface devices, my case is being handled directly by surface support dpt located in uk (greek fellows connect landline directly to them). So, i am obliged to wait for the escalation team response - i am afraid i can't do much more than that....

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I quite agree with you. That's why I asked what country the member is in. Sadly, MS is not treating customers in the US nearly as fairly and decently as they were as little as 6 months ago. The difference is. here you can pretty much always escalate to a person in management who will do the right thing; I'm sure that's not the case in many other countries.

Hate to get too political here … [Snip]

...And don't.

Once again, I encourage everyone to review our forum's Terms of Service and Rules (see link at bottom right of the Forums page) where it clearly states:

"...Political discussion should be held only in the Off Topic forum, and the remainder of the forums should be as neutral as possible with regards to politics."

In addition, I would hope that everyone understands that in today's political climate, even well meaning remarks can provoke discord. This is a technical forum, not a political one. Practice whatever politics that you want to, but politics has no role here.

Steve S

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2018
  3. lovelaptops

I would think you may be well served in the end by UK support team of MS. I hope so. Do proceed as if you have every right to a replacement as well as to keep escalating the matter until you get satisfaction. Best of luck.

4. lovelaptops

Sorry. Don't know what I was thinking. Got carried away. Won't happen again.

Bronsky likes this.
  5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well said, @Steve S.

With so much of the internet filled with absurd political baiting and nonsense, I sometimes feel TPCR is the last haven.

Thanks for keeping it that way.

Edit: not that I'm saying your comment was such @lovelaptops (was edited before I read it :))

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Once in a moon we all feel the need to vent and rant a little. Human nature.

But I do like that TPCR is one of the last vestiges of property and sanity, despite my attempts....

dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  7. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just a minor point on English usage --- I believe the word which you wanted there was "propriety"

(And I agree, this is a very nice community, and markedly well-behaved, despite discussions being about things which folks tend to have strong feelings about)

I certainly appreciate folks being patient about my ranting about recent mis-steps on the part of Microsoft.

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Off course it was. Gboard sometimes switches words after they are accepted by me. I haven't used it long enough to quite figure out its inner workings.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

9. lovelaptops

Thank you @Marty, for the benefit of the doubt, and also for your solid gold truth about the truly "safe space" (in the true meaning of the expression) that TPCR is. I've even made that observation here myself. I will re-post the gist of it on off-topic because it really wasn't meant to bait and it was relevant to the shoddy turn for the worse that customer service has taken in some places - but I'll keep all invective out of it.

Marty likes this.
  10. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

After almost 1.5 year with hyper black titanium and red carbon logo it’s about time for refreshing and new look and feel with black dragon back skin and yellow carbon logo :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dstrauss likes this.