Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...just the last page [of the SB2 discussion thread] refusing to load...>>

...Just checked on this. I posted a test message on the SB2 discussion thread and confirmed that it works and that it is displaying the current page. Since you are discussing an SB2 problem, I will move these last few entries back to that forum. You will find them on the current page...

Azzart likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

You probably triggered the creation of a new page.
    Page 88 still isn't loading for me.

3. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

[I'm responding here so as not to detail the Surface 3 topic more than necessary. ;)]

My SB's quirks aside, I have to agree with you, @lovelaptops. Although I wrote that my next laptop would be Yoga-like, mx150 or successor, no pen support needed, that doesn't mean I'm in any hurry to ditch my SB. It does everything I need or desire it to do and does it well.

In fact, I might keep it well beyond the end of MS Complete (March 2020) if it keeps working. My current target unicorn device is the Samsung Galaxy Note X with folding screen. Expensive! But if I don't upgrade the SB it's budgetable. Also justifiable since 85% or more of my electronic device time is spent on my Note8—I can do everything on it except play Skyrim, etc., or run Word & a few other win32 apps for my steadily dwindling freelance work. I might not even be doing any freelance stuff by then and that'll mean the SB will only be for favorite older games. I can lock it down—no Windows Updates!—and keep it offline nearly all the time.

It's a thought, anyway. Gadget lust—if a NoteX doesn't satisfy it—might derail such plans. We'll see! :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  4. v@gelis

v@gelis Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear forum. I am a loyal ms devices customer since the release of surface pro 1. The first time i needed to activate surface warranty, after all these years was at 09/07/0218. It was when i needed to send my device back to ms for repair due to a line of pixels flickering at the top edge of the screen. My original "faulty" device was virtually New 100% covered with skinomi skins and tempered glass applied on screen. At 10/07 ups collected my device and at 18/07 i have received the replacement device. Upon unboxing of the device, i was faced with an unpleasant surprise.The device has a crack (approximately 5mm long) in the area just above the Camera and a dent in the exterior (casing), at the right part or the tablet. Attached you can see the blemished device. Immediately i have emailed ms support, attaching these photos and clarifying the situation. When ms phone support was active i also phoned them and the response was that "the issue should be escalated for investigation". So, to sum it up, i have lost 8 days for the whole procedure, i have delivered a completely New and "blemish free" device and received back a broken one, and ms support needs extra time to decide what would be the end result. I am completely dissapointed with this unprofessional ms response and i hope that at the very end they will allow me to send this bad refurbished unit, for a legitimate replacement.

Attached Files:

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Most folks use this one on me, but this one is definitely a juicy rationalization...:p;)

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Ugh, that's definitely disappointing. I hope they get you a non-broken replacement ASAP. I must have been lucky in the past, I have consistently received brand new looking devices. Are you using MS Complete? I wonder if that has any fine print on the allowable condition of the replacement unit.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yes. That is disappointing. MS made a believer out of my because of the great service I had at their MS Store (Christiana Delaware). When I hear stories like yours, it gives me pause.

8. dellaster

That also sums up my worst fears for my SB and its expensive Microsoft Complete coverage. I'm sorry to hear of your problems with Microsoft support. :(

No, no, no! The juicy rationalizations don't come until I want to replace my SB with something new and shiny! ;)

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

"Current target unicorn device...if I don't upgrade the SB it's budgetable. Also justifiable since 85% or more of my electronic device time is spent on my Note8..." :rolleyes:

You're almost as good as me..."Gee honey, I really need a new computer bag because my current one is stuffed with a SB2, GB12 heavy (8gb/256gb), GB 12 lite (4gb/128gb), and iPad Pro 10.5 --- how dare you suggest its not a problem with the bag!..." :confused:o_O:oops:

But as always, my better half is right - I just need to get on the stick and dump the SB12, GB12 lite, and iPP 10.5...:eek::(

10. dellaster

@dstraussTouché. In my response I was thinking of my keeping the SB for 2+ years, not my rationalization for spending heaps of $$ for the unicorn Galaxy Note X. That one's so rationalized in my mind that I didn't realize it was a juicy rationalization. :eek: