Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@dellaster , you make such great use of your Note 8, I give you blanket authorization to get the Note X and I thereby also proclaim that your SB will continue to provide excellent service for you for several more years - just don't let it upgrade the OS, ever!

Jeff

dellaster likes this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

No Wacom, no Galaxy X for any of us...:p

dellaster likes this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's why I always insert the "Note" between "Galaxy" and "X". There's no point otherwise... Ugh, I just had an awful thought: what if the Wacom layer doesn't lend itself to bending? :eek::(

bloodycape likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I've had the same thought.

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

It could be AES with the supercapacitor pen?

6. v@gelis

v@gelis Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you all sirs for your replies (fyi i dont have complete warranty , just plain standard warranty)
    So, what Shall i expect? I have paid 1300 euro for a surface Book that I used with extra care, and ended up receiving a blemished unit that is 100% sure warranty voided (if i try in the future to send it again for repair purposes)... Are they going to act professionally and allow me to send it back again for a new replacement?

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Are they going to act professionally and allow me to send it back again for a new replacement?..>>

...It sounds like you have a reasonable case to make and you should keep trying. In recent times, some members have had to return units more than once before arriving at a satisfactory resolution. Many of these were Complete warranties, but as long as your standard warranty is valid, you should demand satisfaction...

Good luck.

8. v@gelis

v@gelis Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats True Steve . But in my case if i just send the device back for another replacement they will immediately void the warranty (due to the crack and dent) and send it back to me as is (no complete warranty available in my country) . So i have to wait for the decision of the "escalation" and hope they act professionally ...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

What country are you in? Regardless, I strongly advise you to demand a perfect replacement with the same amount of time remaining on your warranty as the first one had. There should be no dispute about this; your rights are absolute here.

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

While I appreciate the sentiment, not all countries has as strong consumer protection laws as the U.S. I do think though that MS wants to be viewed as a corporation that takes their customers' needs seriously and acts responsibly. However, local staff aren't always up to corporate code, substitutes come in while people are on vacation and so on. So country does become a viable parameter.