Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Galaxy Note 8 has replaced an iPhone SE, a Kindle 6" e-ink reader, and an iPad mini 4 (7.9") for everything I used to do short of a full-powered computer—currently my SB, which itself took over for an 11.6" Yoga and a NUC desktop with 23" 4K monitor [edit... and my PS4 Pro, for that matter]. It works for me. And it sure is nice to only have to deal with two devices instead of five [or six]!

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    dstrauss, Telstar1948 and Bronsky like this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Mine is just the Note 3, but I discovered the same thing, pages are about the same size but fonts are soo much crisper on that sharp screen and with the new Night mode it no longer irritates your eyes at night. My Kindle is mostly idle.

kneehowguys likes this.
  3. dellaster

I think it might be the blue light filter that makes it work for me, aside from the high resolution AMOLED for smooth, crisp text.

4. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mine is just the Note 2, but I discovered a different thing, pages are about the same size but fonts are soo much crisper on that sharp screen and the phone is so old and sluggish that I don't use it for anything. With the new Night mode it no longer irritates my eyes at night except when I squint in frustration at how slow my Note 2 is. My Kindle is mostly nonexistant.

5. dellaster

An update on my occasional problem detaching the clipboard, with it saying I had to resolve the Mail and Windows Store apps being open before it would proceed: It kept getting worse, pretty much happening every time I turned the clipboard 180° around, the minor annoyance becoming a full-blown nuisance. So I did a DuckDuckGo search and found something from 2015 that applied:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/60d3a4db-b30b-458d-a46e-9a6bc17d147a?auth=1

Even though they were saying at the time that it was an Anniversary Update issue. I guess it came back for an encore? BRAVO, Microsoft. ::clap, clap, clap!:: Anyway, my GeForce was indeed set as the default graphics adapter so I changed it to Auto. Played on it all day today and the bug didn't happen again so I'm hoping it's fixed. o_O

6. dellaster

So now after I don't use my SB for some days, it'll start up on battery saying that the clipboard battery is low and needs recharging before it will allow detachment. I plug it in and the clipboard battery status immediately shoots up to 50% or more.

Just now it began as 80% battery in base (in use) and 0% battery in clipboard (in use). Could not detach. Seconds later after plugging in it was base 80% (charging) and clipboard 58% (charging). This would be a real problem if I didn't have a wall socket available.

Comments, suggestions, fixes? Or is this just yet another Microsoft Surface thing you have to live with?

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm afraid you answered your own question dell...

Bronsky and dellaster like this.
  8. dellaster

I was afraid of that. Oh, well. :p

Bronsky likes this.
  9. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone here have issue with faulty touchpad (jumping cursor)?
    this just happened to me, when no mouse attached, the touchpad (and cursor) would jumping around the screen.
    I google this problem and supposedly microsoft already fixed this issue with software update, but here I am with it.
    Any tips and tricks guys?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  10. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

MS problems? We have three, or more, new docks in this building and ALL of them have the same consistent issues of random annoyance. I don't recall having issues with the old crazy dock. This would be with Surface Pros and Books. Oh well another day.

P.s. I used an old USB 3 dock for two weeks, while waiting for the new dock to arrive, without issue. Funny that.