Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. PhysicalTherapyGuy

PhysicalTherapyGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, it's the full Surface Book with the screen and keyboard. They aren't sold separately. This is a refurbished device.

bloodycape likes this.
  2. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know if there is a folio case to carry around just the tablet (screen part)?

3. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm, once again, back on the Surface Book train. I really wish that the tablet section had a kickstand like the Surface pro but that would probably eat into the sales of the Surface.

bloodycape likes this.
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Welcome back! :) You didn't want to wait the remaining 3 days and preorder the Book 2? Or did you find a particularly good deal?

6. excalibur1814

Ideally I want the 15" with the 1060 but would have to sell my car to get one. Or a kidney

7. excalibur1814

So... It's arrived in all its Core i5 (Booooo it's not an i7 or Quad core) glory and, unfortunately, I'm experiencing a small issue. Whenever, or after using the nVidia card, I get dialog boxes with nothing in them for a few seconds while undertaking normal Windows tasks. Also the Book is noticeably slower than before using the card. Early days in the diagnosis but I though that I'd throw this out there.

This is a second hand unit, from eBay, with a clean install of the latest consumer release of Windows 10. Picture taken with, possibly, the worst phone camera ever made in the last 5 years (Maze Alpha phone).

The speed of the machine, despite Task manager stating that it's sleeping, is suddenly sluggish.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/4zq3pd/surface_book_seems_really_sluggish/

The picture shows a right click on the recycle bin. As soon as I press Print screen the options appear.

Attached Files:

8. excalibur1814

Ignore my stupid noob face... It's the latest build of the Dolphin EMU being super rubbish. Just fired up a load of other stuff with no issues. PANIC.

9. excalibur1814

Sold it.

A Performance base, 512Gb, i7, 16Gb monster is on the way.

The new SB2 is a bit too much for my price range so I'll keep the above until the Quad SB2 hits £1200.

10. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member