Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The UWP OneNote is also very good. In fact I hardly open the desktop version, and on Atom devices, it's a drag on the CPU.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i need audio recording synced with my handwriting so i can't go with the UWP version.
    this feature is very important for lectures and interviewing and probably for meeting notes too. If this feature comes to iOS version then I will leave the OneNote 2016 desktop version and will also buy an iPadpro 12.9.
    on my custom made tower gaming PC, i will download onenote 2016, Evernote full version, chrome, And most importantly civilization 6 game.

I don't think Notes by Apple will ever become as good as SNotes by Samsung, and none of them will come close to the behemoth that onenote 2016 desktop is.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

4. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

So far so good on updates, still running stable. With the holidays and additional travel, SB keeps impressing me.

Updated to the latest Nvidia GPU drivers and have been killing some time enjoying the new Titanfall 2 while traveling. Shocked it even ran, but great game so far. Work or play, still loving it. Now if only I had that "performance" base lol

cmenice, siddhartth and nnthemperor like this.
  5. Steve S

6. Steve S

7. lazer155

lazer155 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have a recommendations of cases for the surface book (not performance base model)? I like hard shell cases and saw a case called bx2 and one from UAG. The bx2 case apparently covers the air vents though and makes the surface book heat excessively. The UAG one isn't that durable according to reviews.

BX2: https://www.brenthaven.com/tablet-cases/bx2-edge-for-surface-book

I'm basically looking for a case to protect from bumps while the surface book is out of the sleeve I have for it.

8. Steve S

9. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's good deal at Amazon U.K. at 989 £(its 999 but you get discount 10£ also further at first page you get the discount promo) today the entry level it's quite tempting I can say but I don't know I'm not so sure if Surface Book gone fit my need absolutely.

[​IMG]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-...8&qid=1484899028&sr=8-1&keywords=Surface+book

In the other hand it's upcoming SP5(within 2-3 months) that also keeping me skeptical about Surface Book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  10. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Are there any real credible rumors about sp5 this spring?