Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. r11

r11 Scribbler - Standard Member

Correction - more like Sisyphus - in that you understand the futility of your efforts.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Did Sisyphus understand the futility of his endeavor? Wasn't it out of loyalty? We read about this in junior high so my recollection isn't the best

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. r11

r11 Scribbler - Standard Member

Very much so as the whole exercise was a punishment :)

WillAdams likes this.
  4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

That is right, now that you mention it the story starts to come back to me. Interesting what such a trigger can do to your memory .

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

5. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

So I ran across this 3rd party power supply today on Amazon for $30 and decided to give it a shot... thanks to Amazon same day delivery (which still baffles my mind is possible lol) I've now tried it. It's way smaller than the original, and best I can tell, provides the full 65W during system benchmark testing and is fully compatible with the Surface Book w/ dGPU. The blade plug tip is even a nice quality, unlike some others I've tried with a weak magnet that would come loose easy... this one feels as good as OEM.

http://www.amazon.com/RocFly-Adapte...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Curious on any other opinions that might have tried it (or this brand in general), I'm totally impressed in my limited use, and for less that half the price AND size of stock? Sheesh.... Fantastic travel charger, much less a general second or third for convenience.

By comparison, I use this 3rd party power supply as my daily work charger, functions awesome, no complaints and is half price and a direct copy of the stock charger:

http://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-Surfac...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

GRRRRRRRR WTF (AGAIN)! Last two days the SB has started hot-bagging again. Today dropped from 100% to 22% in my briefcase in 3 hours!

Punishment for complaining about the dock/keyboard/external monitor failure?

Just general purgatory for complaining...?

Maybe just...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Zeelobby likes this.
  7. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

I spent $30 shipped on eBay or the official one... http://www.ebay.com/itm/141992204610
    It pops up all the time at that price.

8. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I find this review extremely fair position in all aspects.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  9. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a good price for OEM if you catch it available, but what I liked about the one I linked is its actually smaller than the OEM power supply. Fits nicely in my sleeve, where as the MS charger is too bulky to get the clasp closed on the outside pocket.

By comparison, this one is like a fat stick of lipstick.

10. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Pen Pal - Newbie

So far, if you all didnt purchase the SB, what other options were you looking at? I'm looking into the SB, but want to cross compare with similar devices as well. Thanks!