Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. mike_TPR

mike_TPR Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Steve, but I'm thinking about something like an invisible shield, so that I won't loose the amazing look of the device :)

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I'm thinking about something like an invisible shield, so that I won't loose the amazing look of the device...>>

...Take a closer look at StickerBoy's metallic-finished films. The metal finishes are a close match to the Surface's natural finish...

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The dealbreaker for me was clipboard battery life. I do realize Toshiba's Z20t is Core M, but they squeezed equal batteries in the tablet/dock, and made the weight of both equal to the SB.

When Microsoft does that, I will consider the SB. If you're taking notes all day at school, and after 2 lectures I have to dock the clipboard, it's now a 3.5lb tablet. Completely defeats the purpose, IMO.

4. mike_TPR

mike_TPR Scribbler - Standard Member

What's the real storage space in the 256GB version?

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I was just "catching up" on this thread (last few months of posts), and it really stood out to me that following @jnjroach's post about the firmware update, stability complaints dropped off drastically. Encouraging.

Zeelobby and jnjroach like this.
  6. freya301

freya301 Pen Pal - Newbie

It's still a bit of a buggy device for me, although better after the updates. I just replaced my lot1543 with a new SB (1601). The former was crashing with a BSOD every day, so I was able to have it replaced under warranty. The ms-store folks were great about it, no hassle at all. Sadly, the new one has had two bsod crashes, so we will see if it can be trusted...
    I think, as mentioned earlier, the connection to the dGPU in the base is the cause of many issues. If my crashing continues, ill probably make the switch to the upcoming VAIO z flip.

7. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Those BSODs may not necessarily be device related. After the February updates a few of my devices started getting random BSODs. Not often enough to be able to track and a different message each time. It will be interesting to see if they continue after today's update.

8. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Does it even matter if they are hardware related? I would return it anyway.

9. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

haha..funny you mention that, I had a xps13 for less than 30 days and did just that with it even though I doubt it had anything to do with the pc itself.

10. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

After 5 months and still people have bad experience is not good at all.
    Shame on MS!

ikjadoon likes this.