Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

An answers.microsoft.com post this morning from a Microsoft employee (the first official response that I'm aware) claims a freezing fix will be delivered via an upcoming Windows Update.

ikjadoon likes this.
  2. freya301

freya301 Pen Pal - Newbie

For me, my base-battery drains to about 50% before the tablet battery starts to drain, after which the both drain at the same time. I usually look at it again when my base battery is at 35% and my tablet battery is around 70%. I agree, its not exactly what I want, but after thinking about it for a while its close - I wouldn't mind starting to drain the tablet battery around 30%. The BEST option would of course be to make this user-configurable, but I doubt they'll make that happen.

3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ikjadoon and Luft like this.
  4. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2015 Microsoft Surface Book Gameplay Performance + Mini Walkthrough: Call Of Duty Black Ops 3

Sent from my iPad Air 2

5. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't know if anybody posted this yet but Amazon has a few varients in stock NOW for Friday delivery (Prime).

Two right now, the 256 with nvidia and the base.

6. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I will wait for my pre order to come in. Would prefer to buy directly from the microsoft store since they have an amazing return policy and also student discounting.

7. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

They have the student discount and you may or may not get amazon to match it but no way is their return policy any better than amazon's. I have probably returned a dozen pcs over the years and it never cost a penny to do so.

8. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

ThorntonArtStudio.com likes this.
  9. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So I went down to the mall to check out the iPad Pro. The Apple Store didn't have them out for display yet and were only fulfilling online pre-orders. I considered ordering one on my phone, but was told it could take up to an hour for them to get to me (and the Pencil is out of stock for the next few weeks).

So I walked down a couple of doors to the Microsoft Store to inquire when the next shipment of i7/8/256/dGPU Surface Books would be coming in. To my surprise (and my credit card's horror), they had them in stock. I made sure this one came from a newer lot (1543) and walked out with a brand new SB.

I've been stress testing it for about four hours now and it seems to be running great. Fingers crossed!

10. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Likewise with my i5/8/256/dGPU Surface Book. Got it yesterday & it's been getting steady use with installs, downloads, updates, copying stuff from my SP3...can't believe it hasn't so much as burped, but it's been rock steady and performing as one would expect such a device to do...so far. Let's see how it goes over the next few days.

Loving this thing!

surfaceproartist likes this.