Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

even for personal use, honestly I would leave bit locker on... yes you take a hit but you do get some security benefit from it. but its up to every person to make that choice. (heck I even use bitlocker on my USB drives)

2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes it's up to every person need.
    Personal I prefer having much better performance speed not only on SSD but general in Windows being more smoothly behavior than having it on.

But again even that way I prefer Toshiba drive not Samsung.

I think all the reviewer should have mentioned in the reviews that the bitlocker is on because there's a huge differences in performance of any kind SSD.

When I read all that reviews I had in mind that it's off,but make mistakes judging from myself.
    But again the reviewer should have mentioned these from the beginning as it is very critical element when testing performance of any kind of SSD.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Luft likes this.
  3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

True and the default is enabled if I am not mistaken... so like you said they should have tests for it enable and disabled...

4. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know how much the clipboard battery is supposed to drain compared to the keyboard when connected? I thought the keyboard battery was supposed to be primarily used when connected so the clipboard maintained battery for when it would be disconnected.I can go a majority of the day without using the SB in tablet mode, but my clipboard portion battery still drains substantially. I used the clipboard only for about 5 minutes today and both batteries are showing in the 30-40% range.

Not sure if this is normal or not. If anyone has any input, please let me know. Thanks.

5. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I read (and heard on Windows Weekly) that both batteries drain down fairly equally during use, instead of base first and clipboard - they need to fix that.

Sher The Love likes this.
  7. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks. I didn't really notice it till a couple days ago. I hope they fix that as well. I don't use it a ton as just the clipboard, but it's nice to have full battery when detached.

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

An answers.microsoft.com post this morning from a Microsoft employee (the first official response that I'm aware) claims a freezing fix will be delivered via an upcoming Windows Update.

ikjadoon likes this.
  9. freya301

freya301 Pen Pal - Newbie

For me, my base-battery drains to about 50% before the tablet battery starts to drain, after which the both drain at the same time. I usually look at it again when my base battery is at 35% and my tablet battery is around 70%. I agree, its not exactly what I want, but after thinking about it for a while its close - I wouldn't mind starting to drain the tablet battery around 30%. The BEST option would of course be to make this user-configurable, but I doubt they'll make that happen.

10. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ikjadoon and Luft like this.