Surface Book 3 hopes and dreams

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

This sounds great, but if these are the two scenarios you need, TB3 on the SP7 with eGPU support would do the same thing. For the money you save on the hyper expensive GPU base of the SB3 you could buy an eGPU enclosure and something better than a 1060. Of course that doesn’t allow you to walk around the house while gaming! :)

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

My take on all this is if they did "merge" the Surface Pro and Surface book lines they should be able to do more frequent upgrades since they have fewer lines to coordinate.

darkmagistric likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yes. Two Surface Lines. The Pro with both a standard Surface Keyboard or an option for a hard shell keyboard with extra battery and ports in the base (something like a dock). The Go should migrate to ARM. Both should offer 5G modems, and infinity AMLOED displays. Oh, and don't forget a fingerprint reader.

bloodycape, nnthemperor and JoeS like this.
  4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why a finger print reader? I find the windows hello accurate 99% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. dstrauss

JoeS likes this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Now only $2640!! That's basically for free..

On that note: hopes and dreams for the 3rd gen: 30% lower prices

nnthemperor and Marty like this.
  7. dstrauss

:eek:...:rolleyes:...:cool:

I guess the Easter Bunny has the right to believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy...

More like pushing $4000 for the 15" tiny bezel model with hard keyboard dock; $3800 with a Surface Type Cover...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    nnthemperor likes this.
  8. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

same wish I always have: that the product line expands to meet the ergonomic needs of their mobile creative customers. This means drawing with the shoulder and whole arm, which in turn means high end models with screens bigger than 18 inches. It's be nice if the pen worked too.

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

Well

I wish the hinge mechanism could detach faster because in practice, I just end up using the SB2 like a laptop most of the time. And then it basically becomes a touchscreen laptop which is beaten by plenty of other lighter, faster touchscreen laptops. Whereas the surface pro line, the magnetic keyboard means you will switch modes all the time

However, they must have tried this and realized it doesn't work for the surface book. (ex: maybe that pregnant pause is actually good because it is a safeguard against the user messing something up). Or maybe if someone grabs the laptop by the top, you don't want a magnetic type mechanism so the bottom with the GPU won't fall and slam against the floor (so maybe it makes the device more idiot proof). Though in theory, I don't understand why a dynamic fulcrum hinge cannot also be magnetic detachable if you place the magnets in the right place.

Or maybe I should bite the bullet on losing the magnetic pen option and go for one of those HP gem cut yoga style 15 inchers? Don't they use n trig?

Where is Samsung when you need them? I don't think they have a yoga style 15 incher with pen in silo for a device with 1440p+ resolution?

COGBABY likes this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would be using the slate more if the inking experience weren't that awful. I love the surface book form factor and that detach mechanism serves to make sure programs using the GPU don't crash with accidental detach. Apart from the dismal inking experience on the original SB, I love the form factor so much, I'm looking to upgrade to SB2 hopefully the 15" (someday, in this life, when the price is right). The SB i5 dgpu that I have now, handles very well the only game I play; FIfa 19.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk