Surface Book 2 Discussion Thread (13.5" and 15" models)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 17, 2017.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Any hope there with be a Surface Book Mini, maybe one around 11" in a 3:2 aspect ratio? Cause the 2 looks really nice, but 13in is too big for my taste and I'd even take an i3 cpu too. I like the idea of battery dock(doesn't the SB get close to 12 hours just browsing?), and if the SP line still offered it, I'd be saving up for that instead.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you move to California, we could start a hand me down program. I've got to do something to unload all these old tablets.

3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Yeah, as a proof of good will you could start handing me down that Surface Studio of yours...
    I mean, don't you think it just robs you too much desk space you could use for something else?? :rolleyes::p

darkmagistric, Marty and dstrauss like this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Hate to act like a lawyer, but he had both a condition precedent (move to California) and a limitation on his offer (tablets)...

"If you move to California, we could start a hand me down program. I've got to do something to unload all these old tablets."

Azzart likes this.
  5. Azzart

That's where the good will on his side starts.
    We can think about tablets and sunny places full of blonde girls later. :D

6. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Man, was so excited to order a SB2 at launch, but my SB1 is working perfect, I decided to build a killer desktop machine last year and the latest project at work didn't pay what I had hoped in the end.... 4 month old baby, diapers, formula yadayada..... might be a little bit haha. Life got in the way :D

The fabulous Xbox One X that arrived this week was my splurge at the moment.....

Still excited for those new SB2's!!! I'll have one of them one day, let us know how they are!

7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

*waves hi from Will Rogers Beach*

Bronsky, Azzart and surfaceproartist like this.
  8. RobnJax

RobnJax Pen Pal - Newbie

Microsoft changed my shipping date overnight from 11/16 to 12/15 on the 15" 1TB model

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Stopped at my local Best Buy today to get a hands on feel of the Iphone X and Book 2.

Man....that 15-inch Book 2 is sweet as hell. That big beautiful screen makes the nSP look like a tiny netbook by comparison. And when detached in Clipboard mode.....I'm equally impressed at how overall light they got the 15-inch tablet portion. Microsoft did a very good job at distributing the weight very evenly.

Moved over to the Apple section to play with the Iphone X a bit....not really impressed honestly. But I decided to bounce between using the Book 2 (which had no one else looking at all in the Surface section) and the 15-inch Macbook Pro (that had like 5 people browsing in the Mac section)....Thunderbolt 3 aside.......those Macbooks look boring as hell. Coupled with those new godawful flat keyboards Apple started using, its kind of baffling to still see the Macbook Pros stronger then ever and the Surface line collecting shelf dust.

surfaceproartist and JoeS like this.
  10. Azzart

Did you happen to play with the pen and see how it performs?