Surface Book 2 Discussion Thread (13.5" and 15" models)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 17, 2017.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Sorry about your cat. Did I tell you we did a SW US Clark Griswold tour of Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, Meteor Crater, Grand Canyon (Mather Point on South Rim around to GC Lodge on North Rim - Vermilion Cliffs were spectacular); Four Corners; Great Sand Dunes; and Cripple Creek?

But how in the world did the Apollo astronauts survive for 8 days in that tin can - nearly killed each other in the confines of a 2018 Honda Odyssey minivan even with all the sight seeing stops!

JoeS and dellaster like this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

Way too much in a short time! I hope y’all had fun anyway. :D

I’m on the opposite extreme: three months continuous occupancy on the GC North Rim Campground starting August 1st. I do like to get immersed in a location, soak it in rather than experience it like moments of a slideshow, but I’m afraid it’ll become everyday humdrum by the time I leave. I do look forward to the aspens turning color in autumn though.

3. dstrauss

Well, we didn't have much time (obviously) and we couldn't absorb a lot, but it was spectacular and we had a GREAT TIME. The main thing we came away with was how unbelievable all of it is in real life - no pictures could do justice to any of it; but all of our pictures have real memories of the impact upon us when first seeing each of these natural wonders.

Good for you on the North Rim Campground! It was shocking to stand on Mather Point and have a Ranger tell us the Grand Canyon Lodge was "right over that way" about four miles by the crow's fly, but a 211 MILE DRIVE around the eastern edge of Grand Canyon to get to our cabin.

TO ALL THE REST OF MY FRIENDS ON TPCR - if you have never been to the Grand Canyon, put it number one on your USA bucket list. I am serious - it cannot be described or experienced even on IMAX.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    nnthemperor, dellaster and JoeS like this.
  4. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

I second @dstrauss on a physical visit to the Grand Canyon. This will be my first time to the north rim, but on both previous visits to the south rim I was struck by how pictures and videos cannot begin to do it justice.

dstrauss likes this.
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Well you know, there are faster ways!

shortcut.jpg

Wait, what's this thread again? :D

6. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Grand Canyon is absolutely my daughters favorite place. We have hiked in, out and around the canyon since she was an infant.

After she had been in school and heard about Lewis and Clark, her comment to us, was can you imagine being them getting to the canyon and wondering "how the heck are we going to cross this?"

dellaster and dstrauss like this.
  7. dstrauss

This one picture said it all for us at the Grand Canyon - son & grandson seeing it all (sorry shrinking ruins the quality):

GrandCanyon4-Small.JPG

desertlap and nnthemperor like this.
  8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

See the Pro 6 discussion thread for a Microsoft comment about throttling on SB2s...

9. dstrauss

OMG - we are ALL wrong - just listen to Bill Nye the Science Guy - all you need is a Chromebook...

Marty likes this.