Surface Book 2 Discussion Thread (13.5" and 15" models)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 17, 2017.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

FYI - it got so bad the "delayed" moved to "probably need to re-order." Apparently their system is a mess, and the SECOND time they told me it had shipped, they were just collecting components for assembly; the THIRD time it had supposedly "shipped" it was in assembly. Then it shipped 2/28 without them getting notice of actual shipping. No telling what's actually IN the box that is coming...

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Maybe you'll get an entirely different product that's worth $5,000 - the least you deserve from HP for a year's grief! (9nce happened to me: they replaced a used Envy 14 - 2011) with an Elite book 15.6" with Dream color screen et al. Sold it sealed in the box for $3,500!

3. dstrauss

More likely it's an Pavilion with Celeron processor 4gb RAM and a 128gb SATA SSD,

alaskajoel likes this.
  4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lately been encountering this (see pic) each time I boot up my SB. Should I be worried?[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I would, but I'm a nervous Nellie.
    But that shouldn't appear unless there is a problem with how it is stored or someone has tried to hack you.

6. dstrauss

Is it actually blocking use of the boot drive?

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. nnthemperor

Not exactly sure about the question, but I can easily choose to skip the drive and the system will restart into windows. So it's not that intrusive outside the appearance of this screen.

8. dstrauss

When I've seen anything like that before (mostly removable media) it blocks you from accessing the drive - in other words if this is the C: drive you wouldn't boot. Have you enabled BitLocker in the past? I'm like Kuma - that's a concerning warning - but no idea where to go from here...

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

TBH, I've never bothered with Bitlocker as I'm totally ignorant of what it does. However in this case, I retrieved me Bitlocker keys ( have them saved on my phone) and occasionally, when I have enough time on my hands, I know them and it says activated. But this screen appears again after a couple of days. I encountered it first last January and since then it's appeared at least 5 times.

10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do you have more than one user account on the computer? We have seen this a few times where one user is logged in to the system, a hard crash occurs , then a different user logs in to the system on restart. The fix for us is to log back in as the user that was logged in when the crash occurs followed by a proper restart.

Hope that helps.

PS: one of my engineers just said that she's seen this if there is a damaged external drive connected via usb or card slot. Solution there is to re-format the card or drive

nnthemperor likes this.