Surface Book 2 Discussion Thread (13.5" and 15" models)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 17, 2017.

1. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

With bitlocker enabled - each time I detach the screen I have go looking for my key to unlock it!

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Lol.
    I had to Google what was this Dos Equis man.
    Pray refer to me as the Dos Spaguettis guy from now on. :D

3. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been lucky. Started using it on SP2. Decided that if I was going to trust my entire life to it, I'd want to make it impossible for the bad guy to get to my data. Continued using it with SP2017 and no problems so far.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You do know that all that is required to gain access to your computer is to hack a page at Microsoft?

5. perry59

perry59 Pen Pal - Newbie

has anyone purchased a surface from amazon?
    they are having a helluva sale on the SB2 but I'm a little apprehensive of their return policy. Will they refund me if I simply don't like it for some reason?
    the microsoft store seems pretty lenient on their return policy.

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It depends on the seller. If it's sold by Amazon then the return policy is quite lenient. Good idea to read the entire policy before ordering through. If it's sold on amazon by another reseller, they likely have their own return policy, so definitely check carefully.

7. perry59

perry59 Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah, it is sold and shipped by "OE USA", they seem to have favorable info on the amazon page for them and their return policy just says "refer to amazon return policy". so, still a bit nervous, would rather deal with MS store, but that would be an addition $400

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

OK folks - looking up "Amazon computer return policy" on Google brings you the bad news - minimum 15% restocking fee unless defective/won't start:

Computers and Electronics
    • New desktop, laptops, or tablets (excluding Kindle E-readers and Fires) purchased from Amazon.com that didn't start when they arrived, arrived in damaged condition, or is still in an unopened box can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
    • Amazon.com may test computers that are returned because they didn't start when they arrived and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product.
    • Any returned desktop, laptop or tablet that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering may result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product.
    • New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.

perry59 and Bronsky like this.
  9. perry59

perry59 Pen Pal - Newbie

so I guess if you return it because you don't like (or some other issue, but it still "works") then you get to pay a fat restocking fee. So much for the great deal.
    lovely

10. perry59

perry59 Pen Pal - Newbie

I also see that MS ending the "Surface Plus Program, financed by Klarna", which looked like a nice option.
    they really like alienating the customers don't they.