Surface Book 2 Discussion Thread (13.5" and 15" models)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 17, 2017.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior and all that. If M$ are being honest and aboveboard maybe they should allow an independent audit of their hardware customers service complaints and resolutions? M$ constantly pull stunts to make them seem more successful, transparent and customer-centric than they are in reality.

Consumer Reports is simply not shoving the Surface Book 2 automatically to the top of their recommended list, before the device has been tested on its own merits. That seems like the responsible thing to do, and should be the case with each product, especially devices that make it to their recommended buys list.

It's more disturbing to me to think they may recommend a product based on the popularity etc. of previous models especially for expensive high end kit.

I have read plenty of complaints about the Surface 3 especially older devices and then there's this thread here http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/surface-pro-4-screen-flickering-shaking-jumping-issue.73059/ for the Surface 4. There were plenty of complaints about the original Surface Book after release iirc.

As consumers we should expect opinions and recommendations expressed by respected/reputable publishers to be honest and accurate, which we all know many aren't, just as the citizenry can't trust news papers and TV news reporting etc. Honest reporting in any field helps keeps those being reported on somewhat honest and when they aren't being scrutinised fairly and honestly corruption, dishonesty and negligence can flourish unhindered, if unchecked eventually those traits become the rule rather than the exception.

thatcomicsguy and Telstar1948 like this.
  3. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

You mean like JD Power and Associates?
    https://www.neowin.net/news/jd-powe...ablets-sets-the-bar-for-customer-satisfaction

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

5. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm very curious as to how this would compare to the newly announced HP ZBook X2, as a mobile workstation for artists.

6. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

GPU performance, SB2 (13 and 15) will stomp ZBX2.
    But the good thing about HP Elite and ZBook products are highly serviceable. With MS products, you have to send the device back to MS for repair.

7. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

I very much like that you said that, cause with the information I've gotten over the past couple of days, I'll be going with the ZBook X2 instead of the surface book 2, when it comes out. hopefully they'll be easier to repair when stuff goes wrong, and i could even buy an external GPU for it, because of its Thunderbolt 3 port, when i need major power for stuff.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  8. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

And don't forget to watch the humorous Apple pundit video:

JoeS likes this.
  10. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Getting excited! Thinking 15" version, but would go the 13" for sure if it had the same features.