Surface 3 issue, Tablet loses sound after sleep mode

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by swanlee, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone have this issue where the Surface loses all sounds after sleep mode? I have to reboot to get the sound back. Tablet is only a couple of weeks old running latest production Windows and not the insider builds.

Really starting to get annoying.

2. swanlee

It;s so funny cause literally every new tablet I've tried out since December has had some odd things happen in sleep mode. Seems sounds stop working after coming out of sleep mode. I'll even get a partial notification sound coming out of sleep mode then the sound stop working. I'm running plain win 10 no insider or anything so someone else must have run into this issue

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My sleep mode works fine. Now, it's another story if the tablet goes into hibernation. I get a blank screen when the tablet comes out of hibernation. If the keyboard is attached, I can cont/alt/del my way around it.

4. swanlee

So far no solution, already wiped and started over and still does the same thing. I have to re enable sound enhancements in the sound advanced properties to get sound working again. bummer as this is the only quirk i'm having.

5. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Sometimes I lose my cursor after booting up, but I don't recall ever losing sound. In my case, I snap the tablet off and then back on. That ordinarily restores my cursor.

6. swanlee

So far it seems like the last production build of Win 10 fixed the issue but I'll need a few more days to make sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.