Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliffr39

cliffr39 Pen Pal - Newbie

I was using my Dell Venue 11 Pro (7140 comes with 24W)'s wall charger and my S3 was charging while using it, instead of draining. So, the tablet can take in more than the little 13W Microsoft shipped with it. May be worth picking up one of those to charge it faster.

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Just got back to the lab/office from resuming meetings after picking up my S3. I love the display, it is so much crisper than the Thinkpad Yoga 12" gen 1, I bought the blue type cover and the black pen. The Seattle store did not give away free pens.

A little bummed out about it, they did offer free bagels/coffee/donuts and I got a swag bag for being the 9th customer to pick up their surface today. The swag bag had a surface T Shirt and Water bottle.

The woman who was dealing with me, gave me a bag with an XXL T Shirt (which could literally use as a Bath Robe). She did say it was a good look on me, but opted to switch for a Medium!

Not much fan fare at my MSFT store. To be honest it was quiet and there wasnt much buzz around the device. Next door is the Apple store and there were more people inside checking the watches out.

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mine just arrived! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeS, Dave47 and southdunes like this.
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think for me anything will be an upgrade from the eMMC on my RT. :p But, that's kind of crazy that right out the box a new machine from MS requires that much updates.

southdunes likes this.
  5. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

^^^^^^ It absolutely is. Just silly.

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I like your choice of colors =)

upload_2015-5-5_16-8-50.png

southdunes likes this.
  7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

First black, then Cyan, purple and now red. They're running out of color options for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

There was only like 6 people waiting outside for the store to open, and most were there to pick it up and get training on the device. It was a really nice shopping experience, similar to Sony to be honest. I didn't check the apple store, but I am pretty sure it was more crowed as two people asked me directions to it. lol

9. Cuhulin

Cuhulin Scribbler - Standard Member

Definitely contagious! I also went to Best Buy this morning, after stopping by Costco to see whether they had the bundle in store - they did not.

Best Buy made the shopping very easy though, since they did not have either the colored pens or the keyboards in stock. (TBH, they did have one blue pen, but that is just about my last choice.) So I got away with just the S3. Going to see if I can use my existing keyboard/pen collection for a while to spread out the purchases.

Mesosphere likes this.
  10. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've experienced the discharge while plugged in with my DV8 Pro as well, and from comments in the Dell 10 Pro thread its the same for that device too. Seems there's a common thread with atom devices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.