Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epicfoxes

epicfoxes Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the update! I preordered the same unit as you except with the blue pen. Does it look that bad? Or preference for a black pen?

I'll report on the CDN equivalent once I hit the store later on.

Bronsky likes this.
  2. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

What exactly is the Costco deal? I just realized my in-laws have a Costco account.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The blue pen doesn't look bad at all. I just like the look of the black pen. I was choosing between the silver or black. Congratulations.

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

All logic was telling me to get the refurb SP3, but then I held the SP3 against the S3 and knew which one. I got the 128gb S3 with the bundle without the pen(but the person working there was nice enough to give me two AAAA batteries for my Lenovo N-Trig pen), and the student discount(which just essentially saved the tax for me). The warrant to me is worth it as I get 2 years accidental damage coverage. I got the red keyboard, and was already going to get a sleeve/protection for it, so the bundle made some sense to me. Anyone get the folio? I almost got it over the thin sleeve, but didn't like the color /texture on it, or the limited kickstand on the folio itself.

On a side note the person at the store said that their head MS rep said power packs should work fine with the S3, and that the charging times are pretty par for the course. :-/

Bronsky likes this.
  5. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

There are two S3 bundles at Costco:

2GB/64GB + Type Cover + Pen for $599.99
    or
    4GB/128GB + Type Cover + Pen for $699.99

I went with the 4GB/128GB variant FTW -

EDIT: Noteworthy that each bundle comes with the BLACK Type Cover and SILVER pen only. No option to customize, my only gripe. The black pen had my eye.

6. gaidin43

gaidin43 Pen Pal - Newbie

The costo membership is what $55 bucks though if you don't have it? Otherwise It's the best deal to be had right now and $199 cheaper then the MS one that includes the sleeve and warranty.

Any other decent bundle deals out there?

7. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow. I was going to trade my SP1 in to Best Buy and get the S3 from there. But this deal looks too good to pass up. Best Buy only gives Best Buy gift cards for trade-ins though. Hopefully, they sell Visa gift cards.

8. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep, $55 for a Gold or Business membership. For existing Costco members, and assuming you want the KB and stylus, this is the best S3 deal out there to my knowledge.

Bronsky likes this.
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Anyone who has their S3 running, is W8.1 up to date? You would think ... no?

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Apparently it is contagious. I couldn't resist joining in the fun and whipped down to the best buy to buy one =)

I bought it with the intent of returning it though. I still don't really feel like it is the optimum choice for me, but I have enough doubt to give it a try. Also, it has been long enough since the last time I gave the Windows flagship line a try (SP1,SRT).

BTW, I got a 128/4 unit with a type cover and pen.

soh5, Kumabjorn, bloodycape and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.