Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epicfoxes

epicfoxes Pen Pal - Newbie

It beats me why they wouldn't make the 2GB/32GB and the 4GB/64GB right away, for everyone. I am sure it would encourage the sale of more units.

2. magicalUnicorns

magicalUnicorns Scribbler - Standard Member

This is the same company that did not test the first versions of S3 pro with artists before releasing.
    Making the worst stand in the first model of two clicks.
    Removing the pen from this newest model altogether there by ascrewing their potential to convert buyers and devs to stylus activity.
    Not offering replacement nibs in the store STILL, STILLLLLLLLLL
    Windows RT.

Otherwise whoever is making the device and the screen are great! Except for the paltry ram specs yeah.
    Sigh mode.

3. milkytoast

milkytoast Pen Pal - Newbie

I pre-ordered my surface 3 just now... I had the case of the "wants" on that thing. I thought I got over them then I went to BestBuy yesterday (May 3rd) and played with it some. I think I'm going to use the 30 day return policy to see if I can get along with it. I have a Thinkpad yoga and we just are not getting along after moving up from an Ativ 500T. The Ativ was annoying for it's lack of any power 3d wise, but the Yoga's hinge I found awkward most of the time been having issues with the wireless and touchpad, and the pen just isn't that great, been having issues with polling rates and such. I can be very picky about my hardware.

4. Kendra

Kendra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hm.. maybe some sort of artificial evolution of the product line if that makes anysense.. next year's (or 2) model would have the pen included. Just trying to milk as much as they can in the tech marathon.

I'm guessing they've already thought of nice releases/packages for later in the game.

I guess that sounds pretty obvious xD

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Actually they did

Gabe, the artist behind the webcomic Penny Arcade, and Surfaceproartist both received their Pro 3's a month prior to release, specifically to test the Pro3 for art purposes. http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/05/23/surface-pro-3

Gabe even said,

"MS is going to be using me as a sort of artist guinea pig from what it sounds like"

6. magicalUnicorns

Seeing how he only had a month from release model his was a production unit not a staging unit. They could have hired him and 2 others say 4 months before mass pro and really hammered out everything.

Nothing he complained about was addressed from what I know. Sp4 maybe?
    They finally released the curve adjustment app I know a few months ago.

Just saying they keep making some glaringly obvious mistakes that could have been fixed each time if they did more open months ahead betas, otherwise its a lot of fix it in the next models revision stuff which is a Looooong time in waiting land.

Oh yeah the whole lets not have Wacom drivers on launch for some of the biggest apps like Adobe was a big deal as well.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  7. magicalUnicorns

It does. Sales needs to get out of the way for this experiment and let the project make a super device. Cause the Surface is a huge experiment but needs to be treated as such and go full crazy with figuring out how to make this the best. But a company has to make profit yada yada. But being cheap and removing the pen is gonna sink the efforts in the long run. And using the excuse of you can pick your colors is just silly. Give a voucher then.

Anyway, ill see if its at the mall tomorrow.

Kendra likes this.
  8. epicfoxes

Anybody excited for the Surface 3 launch like I am? I am surprised no bundles or specials have been announced for launch. It sort of quiet in Canada at least.

soh5 likes this.
  9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

There is a bundle at my store in Seattle. It is for a type cover, pen and a carrying case with complete for $249 if I recall.

Gonna have to agree with Bronsky though, changing my mind on the pen color. That black pen looks great while the Navy blue looks meh. Maybe its the Thinkpad enthusiast in me.

epicfoxes likes this.
  10. epicfoxes

That would be nice but I just want a discount on the pen and keyboard. My credit card provides extended warranty/theft protection on the purchase. Granted I've heard good things about MS Complete.

I still think that MS should have packaged the pen of choice with the device.

I wonder if Bronsky will sleep tonight? I know its been a long wait for his device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.