Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

There is no 64GB/4GB available is there? I've only seen a 64GB/2GB model. I was thinking that I probably could make 64 GB work especially if I bought a 128 GB micro SD card, but I can't drop down to 2 GB RAM. That's just not enough.

Ehhh, don't feel bad. I know people who take days off work every time a big video game is released.

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

How the heck did you find that? If I type "surface 3" in the search box I get all SP3 stuff. Did you read through all 12,971 items to find this or is there a way to exclude SP3 items?

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

There are allegedly 2 special models. A 64/4 for business and a 32/2 for education. I got an email about the special models and will be meeting the business rep in the morning. I suspect that you can't get these models without going through the business rep. I also think you can get Pro installed on a business device. I'll know more when I get back tomorrow.

soh5 and epicfoxes like this.
  4. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

FYI, Costco bundle shipped this afternoon via UPS Ground. Order status was updated with shipping info, but haven't received an email notification of billing or shipping. Looks like mine is coming from College Park, GA.

EDIT: Just received shipping notification email from Costco and charge hit my account. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow :)

Not bad, Costco...

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Bronsky likes this.
  5. epicfoxes

epicfoxes Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a feeling that MS might throw in the pen if you buy the keyboard type deal tomorrow...

6. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Real world usage review:

gcoupe and Azule like this.
  7. Kendra

Kendra Pen Pal - Newbie

So the micro USB on S3 sucks at charging :(

0 - 100% charge
    S3 = 5.55 hours
    N9 = 4.21
    Air 2 = 3.9
    SP3 = 2.623

Wonder if the usual cellphone/tablet battery packs bought online would even be able to power the device if in any case the power isn't enough to charge the S3 while running.

The display gets much brighter than the SP3 as notebookcheck review has also mentioned. Also noticed this in the store when i compared them side by side on Google main page.. but the salesman told me it's because the SP3 are old demo units.

8. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I told one of my faculty mentors that I cannot make the meeting tomorrow just because I want to pick up my surface 3 and play with it. My excuse was, I had a pre-existing appointment that I couldnt "re-schedule". God what is wrong with me.

thierryb likes this.
  9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I am going to the store opening tomorrow as well. If I can buy the 4gb model with 64gb of storage, thats what I would buy. I am planning on using my microSD card for all my storage needs.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Surface flu.

thierryb and soh5 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.