Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Good insight. You MatLab work sounds on par with mine, so I think our experiences would be similar. I don't know how the Atom would compare to the Pentium, but four mins to do the kinda run that you just described isn't bad at all.

Yeah, those incentives are crap. Microsoft is really trying to push the online products they have, so those inclusions are more for their benefit than the customer's. I'd take the $50 dollar pen that could last me for as long as I use the S3 over the $158 of software incentives that are basically useless after a year.

2. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Likewise, no shipment, same order status -

In the neverending saga of my botched pre-order with MS, I've now received a shipment notification for my cancelled order (?)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I rescheduled my day tomorrow so I can pick my S3 in the morning. I'm going to the morning business demo at the MS Store to see if there are any deals on the business units and also to see if the 64GB/4Gb is available. I think I'm still going with the 128GB/4GB that I preordered. I'm thinking Navy Blue Typecover and black pen (don't like the blue pen for some reason. It's black or silver). Since I will still have a year of MS Complete left, I don't think any of the bundles will be of any use for me. We'll see what they have to offer. I should be back in the office in the early afternoon, so I'll let you all know what I think once I get it fired up.

4. tp2386

tp2386 Pen Pal - Newbie

Smh. I'm about to ask the boss if I can be off of work tomorrow just to get my S3 early. What's wrong with me?

southdunes and Bronsky like this.
  5. feyraglo

feyraglo Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered a case from eBay since I don't live in the US, and I will have to pay for international shipping if I order from Amazon. Looks very similar to the one which you saw on Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B2-Black-Le...968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d582d6ab0

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Nothing at all AFAICT.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Pen Pal - Newbie

That does look very similar. Thanks for pointing it out! Think I'm just going to wait for the S3 arrive (tomorrow! woooo!) and then get down to the MS store and get their screen protector. Anyone tried that one (the tempered glass protector on their site, it seems to be there for the SP3 as well)?

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

So do all stores have S3 demos and specials or just certain stores? Is there like a list on the MS site which stores have specials?

9. salsi

salsi Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a heads up, I too received a shipping notice but it only lists that a label has been created when I check its status- no arrival date listed. However I have a UPS account (the free one that sends you text and email updates on packages) and it said it will be "delivered" by the end of the day tomorrow. I assume "delivered" to my house, and not "delivered" from its initial departure point.

10. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I might got to BB store to get my unit early, I dont think I can wait till my UPS shipment (since for where I live I dont get them until around 7pm EST)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.