Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

Probably Tuesday. I'll bet.

2. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Are there any SP3 owners who are going to get an S3 as a companion device?

3. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

????????? Nope.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

As much as I'm temped......I just can't justify it. While the smaller size and lighter weight is certainly welcomed....the overall size ratio isn't that significant to warrant purchase when you already have a good working Pro 3, and aside from being a bit smaller and fan-less it doesn't really offer anything new from the Pro 3.

And the price is a bit too high, since the keyboard cover is pretty much a necessity, a total price of $600-$700 is kind of steep for a companion device, especially when you can snag the i3 pro3 for very little more, and cherrytrail is still much weaker then an i3. The Wacom penabled Asus Note 8 was the perfect companion device because it was so cheap, $200-$300, at that price range it was almost an impulse buy. Can't say the same for the Surface 3.

Maybe if it had Core M instead of Cherry Trail for the same price point, I'd be more inclined. Or if they released the Surface 3 in a cheaper/8 inch size (like the unreleased Surface Mini) while retaining Cherry Trail and the N-trig Pen, for that I'd definitely plunk down the dough.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    bloodycape likes this.
  5. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

The Asus note 8 ( I own) is small, and going to be slower. It's not in the same league either. I'm buying the S3 owning the SP3 without the keyboard and pen, as I already have those for the SP3. (I'm buying the cheapest model). Now, the Asus is fantastic, and I use that, but's it's small and the build quality.......well you kind of had to have been there.

Just my HO : )

6. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I vote 8.5"-9" but you are correct, that would be a market killer!

Oh, and sell them everywhere like Walmart like the Dell Venue 8 Pro and the sales would be astronomic.

alextrela182 and bloodycape like this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If I had a pro3, I would probably not be getting an S3. I was anticipating upgrading my M80TA, mostly due to the crippling 2GB RAM. As much as I like the design of the S3, I would consider an X7 TPT8 with a decent pen or a 10" Core M with KB and decent pen. Otherwise, this is a great device for my needs. It will be nice having something as well built as a Surface.

3 More days.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  8. magicalUnicorns

magicalUnicorns Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you! So yeah i'll mosey down to best buy on the 6th and check if they have it.
    Or I could buy it from microsoft store and amuse the same sales guy that had zero amusement when I brought back the sp3.

But this time I know what I am getting, not the best machine, not the best textured screen, not the best feeling pen. But I know all of those. Its a great screen, its a more powerful device compared to the Asus vivo tab note, larger screen, but most of all its super lite compared to the Wacom CC2.

But it is weird, the sp3 is not that much heavier really.

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Anyone know of the specials going on launch day at the MS store?

10. Liberty

Liberty Scribbler - Standard Member

I am impressed with the surface three. I would buy surface 3 now and not get a surface pro 3.

Great price if you don't buy the keyboard. I would wait on the surface pro 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.