Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaidin43

gaidin43 Pen Pal - Newbie

I stopped by one yesterday to give the 2 GB display model a quick spin. I was asking about packages available for the surface 3 and the only thing she could tell me was that they think it was going to be similar $299 package for keyboard, pen, insurance policy, and sleeve. I asked if I could buy one and was told may 5th.

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

The price point isnt what people are used to I think. It's always been a race to the bottom. Most of the windows tablets are just cookie cutter devices. They act pretty much the same, only with a different OEM logo. For most people, even cheaper Android devices fit their bill (social media, movies, casual email). Their lively hood does not depend on a powerful and "expensive" tablet.

I am happy to see MS pushing quality behind these mobile devices. I for one am excited to carry around an even lighter device than what I am using currently.

3. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I think even if Microsoft could have done something as small as include the pen at the current price point like others have suggested, it would have helped a lot.

alextrela182 likes this.
  4. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

official
    day is Tuesday.... my bestbuy order shipped for Tuesday delivery

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Is there any chart or anything compare the Cherry Trail Atom to SU9x00 and/or SL9x00 series cpus? How does the cpu and gpu compare? I am really starting to think maybe this will be the device for me the more I read the discussions here. I was thinking SP3, but I do like the size of this a bit better and really, anything is going to be a setup up from RT performance wise(though no a match for my HTPC with a 5th gen i3 cpu + economically priced SSD). I am also looking into sheet style power banks I think I may have found a model or two that may work, though I wish the tablet itself had a slightly larger battery.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  6. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

I just watched a YT video of this; an unboxing, really good video BTW, very clear.
    And this thing looks excellent. Now, I own the SP3, Asus Note 8, had owned the SP2 (of course). I already have the pen, which is a huge plus with this, as they ain't cheap. It just looks typical Surface; that is, very good. Makes the iPad look weakish, although the iPad is ok; Apple better get on the stick, as they can't compete with this type of thing (for that niche at least)

As far as the gimped kickstand, the angles look good I think, so it's not a deal breaker. But down the road there might be a few times when the SP3 is better suited. Or then again, the SP3 might just not like it's new little brother.

The whole thing makes me happy, frankly, as I can actually afford this without breaking a sweat. (I ordered one BTW). If there's an issue i'll sell it (reluctantly). Selling a Surface is actually not a unpleasant thing, knowing it's such a quality item. Selling Apple stuff, this is a given. I'm not pushing Apple, just the way it is. But people may not know that about the Surface; that is it being equal or better than Apple quality.

Note: This thread is pretty static. Makes you wonder. I would think people would be all over this, as it looks like a great notetaker. Then again, who knows.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  7. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this thread will liven up once the S3 starts shipping

Vinny

8. tp2386

tp2386 Pen Pal - Newbie

Order shipped!

Bronsky likes this.
  9. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

From MS? When?

What was your ETA before it shipped?

I just ordered hours ago, and am wondering if it's going to go out now. It said something like three to 5 business days, but MS is MS.

10. tp2386

tp2386 Pen Pal - Newbie

From Microsoft. Got the email at 7:57 EST. When I pre-ordered a couple weeks back it said that it would ship by May 5th. I'm still not sure if I'll get by Tuesday though. It just says the label has been created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.