Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I went to the MS store today and really like the size of the S3 and that display was amazing. However, all the S3 and SP3 devices I played with must have some weird interference, cause the pen skipping a little. Oddly, enough the Acer synaptic pen also skipped on the Acer R13, but not on the Asus T100 and T300. In fact it almost for a second had me thinking synaptic was the better model. It must be something in the store. A part of me is now really thinking maybe S3, but better hinge and SSD has me strongly swayed towards the SP3.

2. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I just saw this article:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/295...s-with-performance-is-this-as-bad-as-it-seems

Are the Intel chips really that bad? I didn't know that. I thought they were supposed to be powerful chips especially given that they are supporting full Windows, but this article is basically arguing that the chips are best suited for the low end cell phone market. That seems weird considering they are planning on putting Cherry Trail processor in full scale lap tops.

3. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm certainly not in the know in such things, but this article comes off to me as heavily biased. Am I wrong?

4. dj0502

dj0502 Pen Pal - Newbie

This article comes off as too much blabber without any substance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The focus of the article seems to be whether Cherry Trail will be right for phones. Whether that is true or not, I couldn't say; but that's not the issue here. The question is whether the x7 Cherry Trail will prove adequate for tablets, starting with the S3. And going on how well the Bay Trail delivers in my ThinkPad 10 for my usage, I think the answer will be a resounding "yes".

It's almost amusing to read some of the comments to that article. We've got people there who, as soon as they see the name "Atom", assume that nothing has changed since the first Atom chips appeared on the market.

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Maybe Intel should consider a rebranding? Molecule or something that indicates that it is more than an Atom.

Balbutio ergo sum

HJK, Mesosphere, hawkeye62 and 5 others like this.
  7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I think one thing that might (pure speculation) be true in that article is Intel considering bay trail to be a failure. I don't think the Windows tablet market is big enough. To get ARM like sales they need to be in cell phones and Android tablets like they intended.

8. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seemed like the article was that the low end cell phone market is the best movie for Atom chips because they are so far outclassed by the other chips on the market.

9. tp2386

tp2386 Pen Pal - Newbie

I pre-ordered from Microsoft. Will they ship on the 5th or will we receive them on the 5th? Anyone ever pre-ordered from Microsoft?

10. tp2386

tp2386 Pen Pal - Newbie

Liberty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.