Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

One of my few quibbles with the design as well.

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

They are looking for people to write them in about how they use their Surface(and possibly any pen enabled Windows tablet on the daily. So it would be cool if people would send their use cases in to them to show them how the pen is useful to us daily.

3. freya301

freya301 Pen Pal - Newbie

I went to the MS store to test out the S3 a bit more, and I encountered a very strange problem with the pens on both the s3 and sp3. When either device is plugged in and charging, palm rejection seems to fail. By placing my hand against the screen and moving the stylus above (not touching, but within hover distance), I could cause jagged marks following the pen tip to appear. Very repeatable as long as the device is on the charger, on all the units I tested (tried multiple pens too).

Have any of the sp3 users here encountered this? Does it happen often? Google suggests that the problem is interference from poor quality power: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...charging/bd8182ad-e3e2-4090-af81-319ba76cf4e4

Sorry if this is a bit off topic!

4. kornchild2002

kornchild2002 Scribbler - Standard Member

What e-mail address did they want people to send their usage scenarios to? Or is it through their forums? I would listen to the podcast but, you know, that involves listening to an hour of dribble.

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I forget, you can ask them about it on twitter?

6. Bronsky

Okay another minor issue: the FN key. Stopped by BB to kick the tires some more on the S3. Concentrated on the KB (dark blue is growing on me). Although I like the locking FN key on the right, the Windows key on the left should have been an FN key as well.

Also tried holding the tablet in Portrait with the type cover on backwards with the soft side out Works fine.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  7. tp2386

tp2386 Pen Pal - Newbie

I heard that the security devices on the surfaces can cause the pen input to go wonky sometimes. I'm not sure if that's true or not though.

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Also tried holding the tablet in Portrait with the type cover on backwards...>>

...Except for the odd sensation of holding the keys down, my experience is that it's perfectly OK to simply fold the Type Cover back and grip away! I've been doing this with the Type Cover on my Surface Pro 2 since the day I received it, and the keys on the Type Cover continue to work flawlessly.

I will say that it takes a bit of getting used to, though; at first it just feels wrong!

Bronsky likes this.
  9. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

All of this discussion about keyboards is causing my eyes to water. I have owned and used a Fujitsu Q702, Asus TF101, Asus T100, Asus T200, and a Yoga 11s, all of which can be used as a laptop or tablet. I rarely if ever used any as a tablet. Now I have a SP3. I bought the type cover as soon as I decided to keep it. Now, I rarely use the SP3 with the type cover. The onscreen keyboard is so good that I rarely feel the need for the type cover.

Go figure.

Regards, Jim

Bronsky likes this.
  10. Bronsky

I like the feel of the woven part on the back. I did it even with the touch cover on my SP1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.