Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Update: I got a certified excellent open box(meaning not used or something) nSP Core M w/ standard black keyboard for a little more than what a 128gb Surface Go would have cost me. Price was lower than what was being advertised on their site, I think it's like back to school special or something. Sure it's 4gb of ram, but I do get a better cpu. Will be trading in my S3 tomorrow at the MS store for Complete care and a case.

Side note it turns out the Pixelbook w/ i5 cpu + 256gb has been EOL and was a limited stock item, but it was really tempting just for the extra storage and Wacom AES.

JoeS and Marty like this.
  2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What trade-in value did they say it was worth? (lol, maybe you can trade in your new SP later for the SGo, if the reviews prove good ;))

3. bloodycape

I asked over the phone, but they couldn't tell me. So I will try in store tomorrow. A small part of me is tempted to do it for the smaller size, but as I've mentioned the SGo keyboard maybe a bit too small, and the Surface Pro is a known quantity with a better cpu(& Sho's post about the Go's cpu had me question if it's really better than the Atom X7). Plus, I at this point in time I am still mostly if not all usb-a.

4. Marty

Hey as @dstrauss would say (or at least what I'd think he'd say), "the key to satisfaction, is to never be satisfied."

That way you can always be trying the latest and greatest (and the stores will be absorbing all the costs of the returns). :D

dstrauss and bloodycape like this.
  5. bloodycape

True, but I don't think I have the time or energy to do that, and I'm under 40. I may try the Go in store just for the hell of it, but I think I will grow to like or love the size of the SP. Already loving the fact it's not and EMMC drive and the faster Core M(though 8th gen would have been nice bonus at this price, I really can't complain).

Marty likes this.
  6. Marty

I just had the funniest vision of @dstrauss at age 103, still spritely and still at the MS Store counter, giving the staff a hard time. :D

dstraussing, the key eternal youth.

7. bloodycape

At 103 it would be an e-counter, as we all would wear our VR headsets to go shopping and support staff is all AI robots, and a guy name Steve.

dstrauss, Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

[​IMG]

PS - "dstraussing" is already taken - it's the fine art of "recycling no longer needed tech..."

Kumabjorn and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  9. Marty

Pretty sure by that time, he will have honed his art of the Rant to such a degree he could fry the circuits of even the most advanced AI. :D

"Sir, we're getting strange readings from virtual Store #743."

"What's the process code?"

"Seems to be a regular return, sir."

<gasp> "Oh no...I've seen this before—Quick! Activate DSTRAUSS protocols alpha-omega-zero!"

"Cut off all access to nearby terminals and alert all AI in the vicinity:"

"Do not engage! I repeat: DO NOT engage!"

dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.
  10. djas

djas Graffiti User

As per the Surface GO thread: Who amongst Surface 3 users going for it?