Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't see why it wouldn't have Hello support. If the SP has support for it why wouldn't this model?

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was also dismayed by the thickness of the GB10.6......especially since the i5/Fan model is significantly thinner.
    But from the pictures....comparing USB-C to USB-C....to my eye in those leaked photos....it looks pretty equivalent in size wise. Its def gonna weight less though....and with the integrated keyboard and type cover....in transport....it should be thinner overall then the GB10.6 with its origami cover.

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I am only slightly tempted to await LTE.

Mesosphere likes this.
  5. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Bronsky likes this.
  6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

Actually, it supports Windows Hello plus it is the first Surface to ever have a near field or NFC sensor--imagine that! NFC has been a long requested feature since the very first Surface and Reddit is chockful of threads begging for it. So if anyone was looking hard and long for something in this device that was its claim-to-fame, here it is.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/surface/2018/07/10/behind-the-design-meet-the-new-surface-go/

7. djas

djas Graffiti User

@Bronsky : Replacing your Surface 3 with the Go? (what an insane name)

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My first experience of in-built LTE is with my current GB 10.6, and I can tell you it's very useful and comforting to know you are at anytime connected. And with the numerous MVNPs here, it's always easy to get a dirt cheap data only sim.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Chris_Kez and Bronsky like this.
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yep. In order to keep my 23" desk display, Thinkstation keyboard and MS Mouse, I only need the Go (hate the name) and the current MS Dock.

I'm hoping that by August 2, 2018, there is some word on the LTE models. I would far prefer one to a Wifi. But, I don't see myself waiting if they're not available. In that case, I might just wait until 5G versions are released (next year?). So happy to see a small, light tablet back in the Microsoft universe. Not only for what it offers now, but to see it developed along with the rest of the Surface line. I am pleasantly surprised by Microsoft's effort here.

So here are some questions for others considering the Go. Is there any reason to upgrade to the latest version of the pen? I am leaning toward the black keyboard (thinking about black keyboard and black Maroo case). Any real reason to go with Alacantra? Does it wear as well?

Has anybody found an acceptable matt/SP for the Surface Pro that is worth a damn and doesn't degrade the screen image.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    djas likes this.
  10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Sorry for jumping in late, but is the Go available now? Or is it in a release pipeline?