Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

1. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Whoops, I misunderstood the "Launches with its own Type Cover and mouse" to mean that those are included. Add another $100 to the $900 plus tax for the top-end SKU speculated price.

And that base $400 is just for education-qualified buyers, no? The standard price for normal people should be used instead. And... 64 GB in the base model? That shouldn't ever be offered in a Windows 10 Pro machine. :rolleyes: I suppose it's meant for the classroom with locked-down installation & apps.

The rationally-equipped SKUs look to be nice devices, however. ;)

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have to admit....I've definitely thought about it.....but my upcoming month long odyssey aside.....the Larger size Surface Pro would be overall much more useful to me in the long run. I was still using my Pro 3 as my general use laptop for the past 3 years......

oh who am I kidding....I'll probably end up keeping the nSP and spring for the Surface Go as well.....even despite the N-trig tech still being supremely sucky for Art usage.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

From the Surface FB site -

[​IMG]

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

interesting placement....placing it next to the Surface Laptop......and not next to the Pro which we are all presuming this will be the smaller version of it.......Probably reading too into it....but now I'm wondering if it really will have a kickstand.....or opt for a new style or form.....like a kickstand integrated into the keyboard cover or something.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I sure hope you're reading too much into it. A kickstand in the keyboard cover would be heresy.

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Maybe it's a smaller Surface Book, where tablet portion gets 6 hours of battery, while with the keyboard gets 15 hours total? I'd miss the kickstand but I'd be okay with that, especially if the tablet portion has at least one usb-c (for charging) and one usb-a port.

7. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Now I'm even more envious of @Bronsky's patience . At the 10.0" size, it's quite possible to hold it in one hand in portrait mode, the way you hold a phone. This was the main reason I went for the GB 10.6 after trying my friend's Galaxy tab A with s-pen (10.1). Imagine my disappointment at the bulkiness of the GB.

Can someone actually run a comparison of the dimensions of the Surface Go and the GB 10.6 for my lazy a**? I'm now thinking of putting up the GB for sale, but it's got LTE and set me back $700 just a few months ago.

I'll also entertain any reasons ( no matter how flimsy) to justify getting the S Go.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Backlit keyboard.

JoeS and nnthemperor like this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good one @Bronsky, and maybe back camera. Does it support Windows Hello?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk