Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

“This is not the Surface you are looking for.”
    [​IMG]

Chris_Kez likes this.
  2. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan

fivetoedsloth, JoeS and dellaster like this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Wow, that's a great deal! There was originally one more 9 in that price tag. If I had a surface 3 sans dock I would jump on this.

Now I'm hoping for a similar deal on the dock for my Surface Book 1. :D

4. fivetoedsloth

fivetoedsloth Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for that! I just ordered the dock.

I bought a used Surface 3 last week (2gb ram, 64 gb drive) for cheap (my main computer is a surface pro 2017) and am really loving its tiny form factor. It is a nice little note taking device, and i installed clip studio, rebelle 3, nebo, Leonardo, and penbook on it so I could draw using new surface pen, which works great. I love the small form factor and the fact I don’t feel so “precious” about it. This is the tablet I can take outdoors or let the kids draw on without worrying. I love that it can charge by micro usb with the same portable charger I use for my phone.

I am trying to figure out why I find this little device so much more compelling and fun to use than my iPad Air 2. I am thinking it has to do with: kickstand, pen support, full desktop apps, USB and micro sd. I got a galaxy TabPro 2 at the same time, and even though it has a nicer screen, I hate that there is only one USBc port on it, and I have to use the type cover as a kickstand.

Anyway, as underpowered as it is, I still really love this surface 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bronsky likes this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

$20 is an astounding price for the dock. At that price, I would guess that anyone who still owns one of these tablets will have one. The docks were discounted from almost the beginning. I remember getting mine for under $100 within weeks from its release.

@fivetoedsloth … there are a few of us who agree with you completely about the form factor and size. I'm looking forward to the new Surface 3. I don't think I could live with the 2GB RAM though.

6. Bronsky

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

8. Bronsky

We Surface 3 owners are, if nothing else, patient.:newpalm: Interestingly, Samsung just announced that it was committing to an ARM 850 W10 device before the end of the year. Will they make a another 10" tablet with EMR pen but do it right this time? Still, without a kickstand, I am probably still drawn to a new 10" Surface, as long as it is not frightfully underpowered.

lovelaptops and dstrauss like this.
  9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

If I had to guess it may just be an updated Galaxy Tab S3, but with Windows and the new SD850, and hopefully a 256gb storage option at $750 price(pen and keyboard of course included). Then again it could be more like a Windows and SD850 variant of the Chromebook Plus, which could also work for my needs, but again I'd like to see at least a 128gb option standard.

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Oh god no......as much as I want a 10.6 Galaxy Book 2 with Kickstand/Keyboard cover......I like my side of EMR to go with a main course of at least Core M. That would be just cruel to give us the form factor we want but on ARM.

jhoff80 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.