Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Not crazy about the bezels and AES would not be my first choice, but I have to say that, if the performance of the N4000 or N4100 is acceptable, this might be a potential replacement for the aging Surface 3. LTE and siloed pen. The keyboard looks decent for a 10" device. I would miss the kickstand, as I prefer the Surface layout. And, at least for the EU, it is available. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...ion-with-pen-support.73413/page-5#post-518345 I look forward to impressions by owners.

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I agree about the bezel, but the big question will be battery life as I would like at least 9 full hours or 8 hours in medium web browsing.

3. djas

djas Graffiti User

15214583534601920625090.jpg

Just throwing this out here: I'd take 2 Surface 3s if MS release this. One screen as primary and the other as extended monitor. Windows 10 already has OSK and virtual mousepad built in, along with full pen and touch support. Please release this 'smart connector', MS. IMO, this has no cons, it will add values too us Surface users. What does this board think?

dstrauss likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Chris_Kez and Telstar1948 like this.
  5. Bronsky

Now that I've made it 3 years with this Surface 3 as my primary device, I'm starting to feel like the old guy who drives a 1968 Volvo P1800 that he bought new and has about a gazillion miles on it. Why buy a new one when this one drives so well?

Chris_Kez and southdunes like this.
  6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

In 15 years(not even 50) I'd still want the P1800, I doubt I could say stat about the Surface 3. Nor could I say it works as nicely as P1800.

Shizaru and Bronsky like this.
  7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I think I already suggested a connector to tie two iPad Pro's together the same way - I'm with you on this one!

djas likes this.
  8. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

The Volvo P1800ES was/is a beautiful car, really well made and super reliable provided you keep them free of rust. I nearly brought another one five or so years ago, but I couldn't make the trip in time to pick it up. I saw the same car for sale the other day for £25000. That was £15000 more than I could have brought it for. I don't think we will be seeing any old Tablet PC's returning on an investment like that.

Bronsky and bloodycape like this.
  9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Hey, if it was good enough for this dude...

[​IMG]

Bronsky and Telstar1948 like this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Take this with a full teaspoon of salt, but MacRumors is speculating on a low cost 10" Surface "iPad" for this fall. Normally I would dismiss this, but they are more concerned about impact on iPad which gives it some credibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.