Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

In System Info you can see what chipset you have, just do a search for that chipset on Intel's site.

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

There wasn't drivers for it, I don't think. I found drivers for an Atom X7- E series, but that's not what the Surface 3 uses. Odd.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The S3 hard at work today.
    [​IMG]

nnthemperor, djas, ships10 and 3 others like this.
  4. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

As a probation officer for over thirty years I spent many a day in both juvenile and adult court, would have loved to have my surface 3 back then.

Bronsky likes this.
  5. bloodycape

You S3 looks so much cleaner(at least the keyboard I can't see the back, but mines as a few marks) than mine and I carry mines in the same sleave you have. BTW where is the pen?

6. djas

djas Graffiti User

WP_20170512_14_04_00_Pro.jpg

Me too! :,)

Bronsky likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My S3 is fairly clean. But, it's not the original. I got a refurbbed last year. I wasn't using the pen at that hearing. I was just using the S3 to read from my motion exhibits during oral argument. I actually used the GN5 to take the notes at the end of the hearing when the judge was laying out her decision. I love this thing for Court. I never have to worry about batteries or finding an outlet. It lasts the whole day. It is the main reason I'm interested in WOA.

You can also see that I normally arrive and set up for a hearing at least 10 minutes early.

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. bloodycape

I got mines replaced last year too(with a new one), but left portion(when viewing from the back) of the kickstand has some use. They keyboard is the one I got day one cause apparently warranty doesn't cover the keyboard.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, are other lawyers catching on to your level of "digital lawyering", or are they still using yellow legal pads in the courtroom?

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'd say @Bronsky is way ahead of the pack; a pioneer. Many lawyers have iPads, and some have a Surface, but they are usually checking calendars and email, they are not integrated into their practice and rarely do they replace the legal pad. There are a good number who use iPads to store lots of documents produced in a case, or to read and annotate depositions, but still a long way to go to making them the center of you practice as Bronsky has.

sonichedgehog360 and Kumabjorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.