Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

That is one thing that I miss the most.

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I was already having some touch issues with the display(nothing too serious). But, today had my tablet charging at work in my normal spot, but a customer walked by slightly snagging on the cord of the charge, the S3 falls now I have a crack on the top right of my display and a splinter. I have complete care so I am covered(it's first accident). I know one or two people said they got SP4 instead. I am fine with getting another S3, but I'm a little curious seeing as it's the holiday season, do you think they may give me a SP4? How can I without looking eager see what my options are?

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your mishap. My guess is that MS will have a refurbished S3 to replace you unit. Complete care is a great warranty.

4. bloodycape

I was given a new S3. MS store employee who was helping me said that most if not all replacement should be new. I was also informed that MS store(online too) don't carry replacement keyboards. When I asked about some people getting an SP4 as a replacement, rep told me that shouldn't happen as MS has a lot of new replacement in stock still. Also was informed my warranty was extended until July.

Steve S and Bronsky like this.
  5. Bronsky

That's great. Mine was clearly a refurbished unit. The only way I could tell however, was that it had battery wear. A new unit is even better.

6. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan

I would need for it to be a notable improvement over the current processor and storage speeds; to include more than one port, at least one of which was Type C; to have unlocked LTE option so I can use on my existing AT&T family plan.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  7. bloodycape

Odd the person helping me said for a device to be refurbish, it would have to be really clean and have minimal to no battery wear.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Odd the person helping me said...>>

...I wouldn't assume that the store personnel really know. In many of my interactions, it's clear to me that they don't know much more about Microsoft's inner workings than we do...

sonichedgehog360 and Bronsky like this.
  9. Bronsky

The Lenovo and Asus clones are probably your only options. I don't know about LTE in the Asus but I think it is available in the Miix or the X1. You would be surprised how well the X7 performs.

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The Surface 3 is still being sold here in Japan. So it must still be produced.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.