Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I was referring mostly to the 12in variant of the Pro; but, people who want pen enabled photoshop machine and are in the iOS/Apple world?

We could always mass feedback we want a more iOS/Android/mobile sleep mode? Maybe, just maybe they will listen?

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Maybe I don't understand it completely but the instant on/off you find in iProducts and Android devices is a feature embedded in the CPU and that just isn't available in Intel CPUs at the moment.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

So why isn't the vaunted "Connected Standby" doing the same thing for Windows 10 - and if it undisciplined Win32 apps causing all these problems, how about just telling us which ones MS so we can choose to delete and/or replace them.

bloodycape and Kumabjorn like this.
  4. PrznMovieFan

PrznMovieFan Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone else ever had the mouse not show up on startup with their keyboard attached? Noticed this is now happening and I have to remove the keyboard and put it back on to make it appear, any thoughts? Tried checking the drivers and they are all up to date

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I am seeing all these surface pro 4 pen set on ebay for a very good price(half off pretty much). However, the thing is seller(s) are saying the pen won't power on no matter which battery being used. Now my question is, could these just need pairing before working or could they actually be broken?

6. JeffreyMAbq

JeffreyMAbq Pen Pal - Newbie

"Connected Standby" - geez, you're demanding- I am fine with notifications on my phone. I just wish I could get instant on. And, then when I turn it off, it sits in my bag for 2 or 3 days without the battery running down. My iPad sits on the nightstand for a week without a charge.

I needed something in Court yesterday. Had to wait for it to boot, login, and then once in - I needed like 3 seconds to pull the file I needed. Can we fix THAT on S4?

Just to be clear - this is the ONLY beef I have with my S3, which has replaced my iPad/Macbook Air/Mac Pro for 85% of my computing work.

7. Kumabjorn

I think they are broken, o just returned a pen like that, new batteries did not make any difference.

Balbutio ergo sum

8. dstrauss

Try being there with your SP4, taking notes and referring to counsel's comments and your pen "craps out" and no more notes - "May I have a recess so I can restart my tablet your honor?" It hurts - trust me! AND THEN YOU HAVE TO REOPEN ALL THOSE FILES YOU WERE REFERRING TO - a lot more than a 1-2 minute restart...

HeavyHanded likes this.
  9. Kumabjorn

Especially if there are a lot of members of the public present in the court room.

Snickering. "Wouldn't happen with an iPad."

Balbutio ergo sum

HeavyHanded, Mesosphere and dstrauss like this.
  10. dstrauss

Sooooooo glad it was an uninteresting hearing - just client embarrassment (bad enough)...

PS - opposing counsel (a friend) did make that suggestion...his exact comment was "When was the last time you rebooted your iPad?"

HeavyHanded likes this.