Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

Same here.

Anyone with the LTE version notice the WiFi still has problems? Mine shows connected but I can't get to the internet via Edge or other non-browser programs. At least now I just click the WiFi icon to disconnect and reconnect and it starts working again; before the update I needed to restart. Still, disappointing they can't get this working properly this late in the game.

2. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

On my S3 128 LTE, I didn't get a new splash screen, mine still shows the words "Surface."
    Before update, I had a bit of crackling in the speakers, noticeable only when adjusting the volume. That seems to have been minimized/fixed.

I'm hoping that this update corrects the problem I have when moving from LTE or tethered WiFi to my office wifi (which uses a Apple Airport router). I always get connected not but not on internet message until I disable the wifi and then reboot. I will find out tomorrow.

I'm glad to get updates. Every little bit helps. Although I'd love to upgrade to S4 when it is released, I don't think I can justify it unless it fixes all Surface Pen diagonal jagginess when inking slowly.

I am more interested to see what the iPad Air 3 has to offer. Not for me, of course. Just for the mother-in-law.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You maybe right but remember my first unit had 70mb/s write speed.
    The read performance is acceptable but the write one is quite low in my second unit.

But as you said the competitor using much faster flash storage like the new Asus T100HA.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Transformer-Book-T100HA-Convertible-Review.151966.0.html

Sent from my iPad Air 2

4. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Wow. This is a bummer. I was doing some studies with my son while sitting on the bed, and we readjust our seating positions and accidentally break the tip off of my Surface Pen! I've had plenty of Wacom stylii and have never had one break off, especially so easily. Sadly I cannot remove the remaining tip from the pen. I'm glad I have two spare pens, but this one I guess is now trashed. This is very poorly designed. Microsoft should have caught this before mass production.

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=27D7A8F99B6E93C2&resid=27D7A8F99B6E93C2!623782&authkey=AIyA3FB0nSNAFGo

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ADeRuUkPb7DRISE&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If you're anywhere near an MS Store, I would take it in and see if they can fix it. The one year standard warranty applies to Surface Pens.

6. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

Why is it always a poor design when someone breaks something due to their own actions?

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It's not, but I think we can all agree that Bronsky's AVN8 failure was due to poor design.

Steve S, Tams, thierryb and 2 others like this.
  8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Truly, it was only rated for a 195/65R15 tire...

Tams and Bronsky like this.
  9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I wonder if you can run over a Thinkpad and have it still work...

I wonder what the Pressure would destroy a thinkpad chassis.

Bronsky likes this.
  10. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

May i suggest a tiny drop of superglue in a clothespin to take out the remaining tip?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

deryk, connman and JoeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.