Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Not sure. I am probably going to buy this via 2-day shipping tomorrow and let everyone know. :)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015VURNOE/

bloodycape and alextrela182 like this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Enjoying my Surface Pen way too much... (Just one of dozens upon dozens more.) :p

Attached Files:

3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My s6 edge has the same charger as Note 5 so I will try it.
    A friend also having both S3 and Note 5 told me that it charged from 20% to100% in 3-3.5 hours better than 4.5 hours of native S3 charger.

4. alextrela182

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The article says that there is no stylus support.

6. dprice7

dprice7 Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a pretty thin argument considering Surface RT had RDP (which I used), and the device still flopped. I feel it was a poor experience overall because of the WinRT walled garden, and the relative success of Surface Pros and Surface 3 would seem to back me up.

From a Windows developer's perspective, WinRT/Metro/Universal Apps are a sick joke. Crippled API, sandboxed, and forced to sell through the MS store. That "platform" is fine for limited-use applications, but there's a reason iPads haven't obliterated ultraportables - crippled, walled gardens don't attract professional application development.

Surface RT/2 flopping and Surface 3 getting praise should have sent a message to Microsoft... "Windows is not Windows without Win32". Maybe they'll listen to that message with Surface Phone, but when have they ever listened to the market....Make a Win32 phone and take my damned money already!

(hey look, I didn't hijack the thread, I mentioned the Surface 3 a couple times!)

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  7. alextrela182

Few hours ego my S3 4/128 version dispatched from MS store and by end of next week I will receive it via UPS standard shipping.
    Back To Home Sweet Home I can say :):p

Luft and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  8. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

If we continue down this path we'll need move this to another thread. Win32 on a 4-6" screen is a non-starter, Continuum really is the only way forward, with the WinRT 2.0 API and upcoming bridges.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Okay Rev here's a Surface 3 issue for you. Had my first Wifi issue ever yesterday. Bad timing too. Was stopping in the office between motion hearings while running from a courtroom in north jersey to one in south jersey. Damn S3 would not connect to the firm's Wifi Network. Recognized the networks okay but would not connect. Got back at the end of the day and connected fine. Hopefully, this is not a prelude to a hardware issue.

10. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry for your issue, Bronky hopefully it will be rectified. I had a small problem myself after the last update. My Wifi indicated no networks and shutdowns and restarts did nothing only after uninstalling the Marvell driver and letting re-install did it locate and connect to my network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.