Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

After today's update ...

[​IMG]

Better.

2. kornchild2002

kornchild2002 Scribbler - Standard Member

The same thing is happening to me with the Surface dock's USB audio. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers as well as having Windows troubleshoot it. I found a quick fix but apparently the last update to Windows (it happened last week) did something so that it is really finicky with hardware and drivers. I haven't applied this week's update but it looks like MS may have fixed whatever issue they created.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

After 3 months using my S3 and since then making over 50 full cycling charging and battery wear is still 0%.
    Much better than SP3 same period had 1.5-2% battery wear.
    Well done MS!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440954837.132066.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air 2

4. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Well, I got my third Surface 3. This will be last. This one is perfect. Although there are no Microsoft Stores here in Japan, their service is fast. I sent my Surface 3 back on Monday, I got my replacement Friday. This model worked well. No bluescreens, no touch issues. I'm back on Windows 8.1 and loving it. I took your advice about my pen troubles and got a new one... no issues, no disconnects, great for all my inking needs.

The greatest thing was I called Microsoft about my defective pen, AND THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE. They told me to destroy my defective copy and not resell it. Much better than any PC company I've experienced.

5. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I love microsoft, I love their service, and I love the fact that they will take care of you. I had a spill on my Thinkpad Tablet 2 and I did not even buy complete on it. It was in the first 3 months of ownership and they just replaced the tablet back in 2013.

It really helps that the company you work with has deep pockets and wants to improve market share of their OS.

HeavyHanded likes this.
  6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Are any other S3 users following IFA and other impending reveals like the SP4 with only passing interest? It's been a long time since I can remember myself being so satisfied with my existing computing setup. I really don't have many wants right now, particularly when it comes to the mobile computing roles (laptop, tablet, phone). For a device that I was really expecting to only be a test drive followed by a return when I bought it, I'm really surprised how much the S3 has quenched any thirst for what comes next.

alextrela182 and HeavyHanded like this.
  7. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Indeed. It's like being with the perfect mate. I really like my Surface 3 so much. It does everything. I was subbing another teacher yesterday and one of the students had a SP3. She says she loved it. I asked if she used the pen, she said yes. Then I showed her Sketchbook Pro on my S3, , she and the other students were amazed by the pressure sensitivity. After that, I saw her downloading SketchBook to her SP3.

I find that the iPad no longer wows people, but the Surface line still does.

Bronsky likes this.
  8. soh5

I am never satisfied. Always hungry for more power and innovation. My wallet resents me for this, but inner child praises it.

Azule and Mesosphere like this.
  9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

That's usually me as well... Until now.

...But full disclosure, I'm so busy with the new addition, I don't have time to be very interested =P

HeavyHanded likes this.
  10. soh5

Trust me. If you see new shinies out there displayed by the Surface team, your mouth will salivate more than my dog with a steak dinner in front of her.

All of us at TPCR forums have the affliction of tech-lust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.