Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Surface iK ("iPad Killer" fka Surface 3)

Surface MAK ("MacBook Air Killer" - fka Surface Pro 3 - i5 - now with Core M)

Surface MPK ("MacBook Pro Killer" - Surface Pro 4 - i7 - now with 16gb ram and 1tb ssd)

You are welcome... :D

jvloyola and Mesosphere like this.
  2. ayle

ayle Pen Pal - Newbie

What they would do would be dropping the i3 version completely and replace that with a Core-M variant.
    I think Surface Mini(Atom x7) Surface 4(core M) Surface Pro(Skylake Core i) would make more sense.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

With today's spelling conventions, shouldn't that be;

Surface iQ (iPad Qiller)?

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

soh5 likes this.
  4. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

I tried updating to Windows 10 to see if it fixes my touch and pen recognition problems. Anyway, after two hours of updating, it failed. It restored to Windows 8.1 but it seems to be working slightly better.

Anyway, since I'll be using this tablet for at least two years (Yes, I know. For shame!) so I want to have a better experience with the Micro-USB port. I saw this on Kickstarter. I will definitely be ordering this!

It is a reversible Micro-USB cable.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/46674142/micro-flip-reversible-micro-usb?ref=nav_search

5. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I want both version of Surface Pro 4 and Surface 4 having Skylake Core M option.

No more fan any more.

If someone told me choosing between SP3 and S3 right now defently i will keep S3 and get rid of SP3
    Sent from Surface Pro 3

6. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bingo.

Surface Mini (Atom x7) for those that want an 8" pennable tablet
    Surface 4 (Core M) for those that want a 10.8" (bump resolution up to SP3 levels)
    Surface Pro 4 (i5/i7)

7. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

I got Windows 10 installed on my Surface 3.This time the upgrade worked. Good news is that PEN AND TOUCH WORK PERFECTLY!! The pen works better than it ever did Under Windows 8. It has been super reliable. However, I could never call Windows 10 "fast and fluid." In fact, it is downright slow. Even scrolling through the start screen is jerky. Hopefully that gets better with time. Anyway, everyone is always wanting utilities to make things more like Windows 7. Are there any utilities to make Windows 10 more like Windows 8?

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Give it a day or two to do that magic it does. Mine smoothed out and is, IMO, more responsive than W8.1. Except the new browser, which I swapped for IE11.

HeavyHanded likes this.
  9. kornchild2002

kornchild2002 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, my Surface 3 was ungodly slow for the first few hours of operation but Windows 10 was indexing everything on the Surface's internal storage as well as the SD card. I let it sit overnight, plugged in, and it was a lot better the next day. I just wish that the battery life would be more like it was with Windows 8.1, that's about the only thing with my Surface 3 that seems to have taken a hit (aside from the lack of browsing gestures in Edge, bring those back!).

HeavyHanded likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Me too. Battery life seems to have taken a hit. I'm assuming that MS will eventually get around to this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.