Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It's a Jersey thing.:cool:

2. kornchild2002

kornchild2002 Scribbler - Standard Member

I was using my future mother-in-law's iPad 3 and yeah, it's a bit more touch friendly using Safari but I think the experience is still better with Edge under Windows 10. Media content loads right away, I can go back a page and not have to completely re-load it (Safari is the worst when it comes to caching websites).

They were trying to make it more universal so that you can access the same options in tablet or desktop modes. I'm alright with the task bar. It only takes up a few pixels and it lets me switch between open apps via gestures or virtual buttons.

Which way? In landscape or portrait mode? The iPad is primarily advertised as being used in portrait mode, same with the Nexus 9. Look at Samsung advertising for their 10"+ tablets and you'll see it being used in landscape mode, same with the Surface 3 and Pro 3 (same with every other Surface model before those). I don't think taking an extra 0.05 seconds to scroll to an app is that big of a deal.

3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

So far I am really not liking the battery life. I am only getting like 5 hours of battery life at best with W10 and I even think there is some drain too. And don't get me started on Edge. While Metro IE had it's issue, Edge and different issues that cheese me off even more. In fact as I was typing this Edge froze for no bloody reason, and the ad on the page changed and a video started playing. Like really? If only Chrome wasn't a battery hog(and lesser extent ram hog).

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Good old desktop IE is still there for you to use.

5. bloodycape

I am not a fan of desktop IE really, and when I was using it on my Yoga RT, it was just as leggy(written on purpose). On S3 it was a bit better, but still not a fan.

6. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Edge brings out the best in us.

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Edge is better? I'm not a fan either (of any browser actually), just seems a lot better than edge right now, without the battery problems of chrome.

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Anybody for Opera...

Bronsky likes this.
  9. bloodycape

If it battery life is better than Chrome, sure I could go back to Opera.

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Don't know about the Windows version (is there even a MUI version?) but on Android it is the most resource efficient browser. I'd imagine that is a design concept for those pesky Norwegians, so ceteris paribus it should be that on Windows as well.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.