Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpeters8445

dpeters8445 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just curious if any of you Thinkpad 10 users are going to upgrade to this device? I sure want to. Don't really need to though.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

@Bronsky
    Start from the Charms bar, select other PC settings. Then follow earlier instructions.

Balbutio ergo sum

3. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not me .
    I'm happy with my TP10 so far for my needs.
    My TP10 has wacom,gps,LTE, fingerprint security,etc.

Ofcourse I reserve the right to change my options and opinion
    at any time ...lol!

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Bronsky likes this.
  4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Power Management update - I charged up the S3 overnight last night. This morning I unplugged it and checked in with TPCR for breakfast. Then it was off to work. I used my Franklin-Covey PlanPlus for Outlook to track my projects, tasks, calendar, and notes throughout the day like usual. I also used OneNote for my project data and detailed plans. At lunch I installed some more software. Between use I always put my devices to sleep. At the end of the workday I was at 77% charge.

After dinner I started on a long road of Office updates. The machine has been in near constant use from about 7 PM until now (about 10:45 PM) doing updates, and reading TPCR and Mustang forums. I also installed some more software. I am now closing down for the night with 27% charge. Battery life is going to be no issue for me.

I am back to the Elitepad 1000 for tomorrow, however. One of the updates coming over Microsoft Update corrupted my Office 2010 installation and it will not start. Since this is key to my daily operation I need to switch over to something I know works until I can get the S3 back in business.

Battery life looks pretty good so far.

Mesosphere likes this.
  5. feyraglo

feyraglo Pen Pal - Newbie

How is the battery life on standby/sleep? My S3, out of the box, without setting up wifi, drops 2% every hour...very bad... my Dell Venue 8 Pro drops 1% every 2 hours on standby/sleep out of the box without setting up wifi. Will doing the Window updates help with the battery life on standby/sleep?

6. epicfoxes

epicfoxes Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder if this is fixable via a firmware update....

7. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

With th3 mixed reviews aboit the S3 i thorn about getting an SP2 or the S3.

SP2 512 gb/8gb i can get for around 500 usd with pen and power cover vs over 700 for the S3.

Being a bit short on cash the SP2 is looking better by the moment.

I do like the new aspect ratio and he (supposed) abolity ro charge from USB power packs but thia is still to be proven due to all thw charging woes I'm hearing about.

Decisions, decisions

Vinny

8. epicfoxes

epicfoxes Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess its the expectation that each user has for their S3. It seems that the eMMC solution either hit or misses each users expectation while the unit is fantastic otherwise.

Personally, I've played tried League of Legends, Bluestacks (CoC and Boom Beach), annotations and a few others. The overall performance is what I would have expected.

I still have a few more use cases to perform regardless my daily uses before I determine if I'll keep this device.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yep.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Thanks. I'm a bit dense. The long delay works well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.