Surface 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yuki, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaidin43

gaidin43 Pen Pal - Newbie

I would be all over a 8.4" surface. Largest you can go and still fit into men's jeans pockets. Great size for a tablet, I doubt they will come out with the surface mini though, even if they used the atom.

jvloyola, Kendra, dceggert and 2 others like this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

UPDATE:
    Fixed. I cannot believe I didn't discover this before, but IE 11 has built in add blocking!

Here is how: http://www.windowscentral.com/here-how-block-ads-ie-11-windows-81

The CPU usage is now down where it should be for an idle webpage (0-2% vs. 30%! Yay battery) and the site is much more responsive in Modern IE.

Original:
    Yea, mostly just this one.

Also, the idle CPU usage for IE on this site is very high relative to normal.

Sitting on the root forum list page the CPU usage is bouncing around between 20% and 50% (vs. ~0-2% normally). I refreshed it and the CPU was hovering around 5% (after stabilizing), refreshing a second time and it is back around ~30%, a third time and now it is more like ~40%. I get different adds each time, my guess it is the adds have something to do with it. This site tends to have some nasty ones.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. gaidin43

Does the pen come with batteries? The surface pro 3 pen I got didn't and they sent me the wrong one so returning it for a black surface 3 one.

4. Mesosphere

Yes it came with a battery.

(also, I fixed my lag-IE problem above).

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I looked around in settings but could not find where I can activate swipe actions via the keyboard.

6. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

its in the keyboard settings... pc settings - pc and devices mouse and touchpad - enable swiping

7. Mesosphere

I haven't looked into this at all, but they changed the keyboard layout to prepare for Windows 10 (which lacks charms and such).

8. bloodycape

I agree it's this site that really lags for me, I haven't noticed with other sites. I think most of it has to do with the videos playing in the side/background.

Edit: I guess I spoke a bit too soon, but it doesn't work as it did on my Yoga RT, specially in metro or with swiping to another app.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  9. bloodycape

Weird I enabled it last night, but it didn't work until I restarted the computer. :-\

10. gaidin43

This site doesn't format correctly either in landscape for the tapatalk windows metro app either. Have to go into portrait for it to wrap the text correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.