SUIT- Shortcut UI Toolbar

Discussion in 'Artists' started by romz34, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Wow, that sounds wonderful!!! It would be great to have something more flexible for a variety of programs. Your work is really appreciated! :)

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Seconded.

If you can build a fully programmable button bar which can support any application. . .

Damn!

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That sounds great romz34, I'm sure a programmable toolbar will attract a lot of attention. Keep up the good work, people here really appreciate your efforts.

4. romz34

romz34 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone, thanks for yours encouraging comments :)

For people who can't wait, here is a version of the customisable PST toolbar.
    PST toolbar beta 0.1

On this version you can change name, type and shortcuts of buttons with the settings button. ( maint type button will keep the shortcut push)

----
    If you really want to change images you can. You have to edit "buttonShort" and "buttonFull" files in the main directory. "defaultButtonShort" and "defaultButtonFull" are backup if you do something wrong.

edit : you can add or delete buttons too editing these files
    -----
    Have fun

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    thatcomicsguy and stoneseeker like this.
  5. romz34

romz34 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok guys, I made it. Fully programmable toolbar. Now you can change name, type, shortcuts and images of buttons.

PST toolbar beta 0.11 (now a direct link as i uploaded it on my website)

here is a screen of the option menu :
    [​IMG]

This example shows how shortcuts works. You can simulate up too foor keys in the same times and three shortcuts one after the other (for the right clic, it create a layer in multiply mode : create a new layer, then select navigation tool (avoid bugs), then put the layer in multiply mode.

If you want to add your own button image (.gif, 32x32), add it to the folder "img"

In the next version, you'll be able to add and delete buttons and then i'll add multiple config (so you can make different settings for each programs).

Edit : I have now to rename the software as it works for every programs, any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    thatcomicsguy and ron2k_1 like this.
  6. klachowski

klachowski Pen Pal - Newbie

Excellent! Great Job!

7. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Awesome! @stoneseeker is gonna love this thing. He's been trying to get help to develop something he can use with his animation apps.

So to have different versions for the different softwares, we just copy the entire folder and make modifications to each directory?

Names? Not my area to be creative with words, my suggestions:
    1. ArtPad
    2. Art Toolbox

May I suggest that you keep all the updates on the first post. The most updated version/change log and features should be at the top of the post.

Thank you a ton for your work. If you have a PayPal account (don't want to put nobody's foot on nobody's mouth but) I think we can treat you to lunch...

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This bar is really nice! That opacity slider is pretty neat.

I'll have to put it through a proper day of regular use before I can offer proper feedback. (One thing, though. I got it running on Win 7, but on Win XP it returns an error message and doesn't start.)

Is there any way to make it toggle between Photoshop and other programs? (I'm currently doing work in both PS and MangaStudio5).

Also, for the heck of it, I shrunk down the icons from my old bar to give people some extra button choices for whatever their preferred functions might happen to be. They're in this file:

View attachment extra_icon_set32x32.zip

Cheers, and thank-you for this great little bit of programming coolness!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    ron2k_1 and romz34 like this.
  9. romz34

romz34 Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks all =)

You can do that =) I'll add another way later

As there is already an "Art dock" I think i'll not add the 'art' words to the name =)
    Maybe something like "Tablet Pc Toolbox" or "Software Toolbox" as it works with everything

Yes I'll try =) (i intended too but have no time)

Maybe later when the toolbox will be really fully programmable =) (and totally tested and approved)

You can do what ron suggest (copy all the app folder one for PS and one for MangaStudio)
    EDIT : I red again your message and I realized I didn't understand the first time. The toolbar actually act on the last focusing program, so it works with every program (including MS, just launch and enjoy)

Thank you very much for the icon set, I'll add it to the next version :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    thatcomicsguy, ron2k_1 and fishdavis like this.
  10. PGross

PGross Scribbler - Standard Member

Just tried this on my cintiq companion and it's potentially fabulous! I don't have photoshop, and I work mostly in manga studio so some of the buttons work in both. But when I tried to customize it would not save any of my changes. The save button would only occasionally show an animated press, but it never saved. I did notice that in the PSToolbar beta 0.11 folder the library file was zipped. Should that be unzipped?

I'm really excited to use this once i can get changes to save. Having a small floating toolbar near where I'm drawing is a great thing.

Also is it possible to be able to change the size of the toolbar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.