Subforum for Slate 500?

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by jgjackson, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Kind of like being on the waiting list for a Reality Distortion Field special (whether iPhone, iPad) - some people will pay anything to get one, and apparently this seller "believes" they have 9 on order from HP - wait a minute, is this what the real problem is - scalpers sucked up the supply?

3. dceggert

I remember the 'good old days' before Harley-Davidson increased production capacity where 'speculators' would put a deposit down on a new bike to get in line and then sell their 'spot' on the waiting list to those that were locked out of that years production. I had heard numbers as high as $5,000 over the deposit. Guess what, they were making money!

Those days are gone except some of the dealers still have not gotten the message. I looked at a new 2009 Ultra Classic that the dealer wanted $2,500 over MSRP. I asked how they could get away with asking more than sticker for a bike that is not short on supply. The response was 'that is the way we do it.' Needless to say my 1999 is still in my garage!

4. dstrauss

Talk about bringing back old memories! During the first oil embargo, fuel supplies were so tough the hottest car going was the VW Diesel Rabbit and its 50+ mpg on diesel, which was dirt cheap compared to the rising gasoline prices. It had a 9-12 month waiting list in Austin, TX at teh time AND a non-refundable $1500 deposit as "additional dealer markup" on what I recall was basically a sub-$5,000 vehicle. Worst of all, people were snapping them up.

5. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

On topic... This board used to come up when I would Google "hp slate forum" bt it no longer does. It has now been replaced with dedicated slate forums, tabletpcreview.com's message boards are no longer even on the google first page anymore.

Watch as you guys lose this demographic by not creating a subforum.

6. dstrauss

But those supposedly "dedicated" Slate Forums are usually just one line re-directs to other articles, with littl, if any, other new information on the Slate.

7. dceggert

+1

And they keep regurgetating the same info over and over until they, themselves, believe it true.

I just read another 'review' of the 500 today and it was panned because it has a ctl-alt-delete button ("HP expects frequent lockups..."). It is plain to see that these 'experts' have never worked in a domain environment.

8. dstrauss

I don't think these so called "experts" have ever been in a "work" environment. They remind me of the 12 year olds doing Youtube reviews of the Slate 500...even when you get to "real experts" like Thurrott they trash the Slate 500 out of hand - you would at least think that the biggest shill for Microsoft would understand the Slate 500...wait...no...there's not enough volume in the Win7 slate market to warrant him writing another worthless 700 page compilation of useless pointers and re-hash of the user manual (Windows 7 Secrets anyone).

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Thanks for the subforum.

10. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey. We got our own subforum now!