Stylus for HP Envy x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Kumabjorn, Jun 1, 2013.

1. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

I too am dismayed by "Exective PenGate" but have taken another path. I have found out that Atmel hasn't given up on the ElitePad 900 G1 as they just released another driver for the digitizer and pen on Aug 22. As you may know, the EitePad and the Envy X2 are identical internally. I am not sure whether or not to attempt installing this driver as I don't have an Exective Pen or the StylusMax or whatever it is called. I'll link you guys to another thread where I posted the information on the driver and several screenshots. Notice that in the notes it says to disable Secure Boot to install the driver. I wonder if anyone with an Envy X2 and a pen tried this?

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hewlett-packard/57307-hp-executive-pen-3.html

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

What little stylus recognition was there before completely disappeared. I had to do a System Recovery to get it back.

3. RaymondPJR

I haven't been in here in a while so I missed you post. I guess all we can do is pray for a miracle when 8.1 drops later this month. It's the least the HP and Atmel can do, is to get it working for us in an update. BTW, I'm thinking of posting a tutorial on making a custom carrying case for the X2. I see you have a thread on Envy cases, so I may post it in there or start another thread. I'm learning how to work with leather and the going is slow, but if I can help someone with what I learn it'll be worth it.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. Kumabjorn

Can I order one with holders for my Microsoft Wedge BT keyboard and mouse?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

5. RaymondPJR

I hadn't thought of making any others for anyone else, but who knows? Besides, I don't know what a Microsoft Wedge keyboard is, and if I don't have one, I can't make a proper pattern. Take a look at what I've done so far in the main HP Envy owners thread. It fits like a glove and I'm thinking of making a button-on attachment in the back to carry the power cord. I really want to see if I can post a tutorial, but I'll consider you request. Reason is, I'm just learning and I'm real slow, lol! http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hewlett-packard/54437-hp-envy-x2-owners-discussion-62.html I wanted to post those pics and possible future tutorial in that private thread someone set up for the Envy X2, but it's gone!!!!

EDIT: I looked it up and see it's nice. But what do you use that for? I thought you had an Envy X2 with a dock. Do you have the Elitepad?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  6. Kumabjorn

I have the Envy x2 with dock, I use the Wedge BT keyboard when I use it in portrait mode.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

RaymondPJR likes this.
  7. RaymondPJR

Oh, I see. anyway, I'll keep you updated with my progress. I think it would be against forum rules to set up any type of sales through the forum and I'm still thinking of just setting up a tutorial so others have the ability can follow what I've done. I won't know until I get the thing finished and have a pattern made that others can follow. You have given me an idea to do the same with iPads however. I've had several friends ask for me to make them something for their iPads. Back on topic, though, any new news on any type of workable pen with the Envy X2? I want something even if it's just capacitive. I want to try my hand at drawing.

8. RaymondPJR

I got another graphics driver update from Microsoft yesterday. This one really seems to make 8.1 much more touch responsive. I was not able to find any information on this update so I don't know if it did anything for our stylus problems. Anyone have any news about that?

Edit: Kumabjorn, as promised I posted pics of my nearly finished product in the "folio for Envy
    X2 thread. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hewlett-packard/55686-case-folio-envy-x2-2.html#post344166

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  9. RaymondPJR

I finally decided to try out one of the capacitive styli out there, the Musemee Notier 2. I could only get the envy to recognize it twice, making two small lines! Then...nothing! I tried the stylus on my Galaxy Note 3 and it works almost as well as the included SPen! Now I'm annoyed! This thing should be able to recognize something!!!!