Stylus for HP Envy x2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Kumabjorn, Jun 1, 2013.

1. goodintentions

goodintentions Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, I just had a frustrating conversation with an HP case manager on this.

First of all, after my 10 minutes lengthy and calmly explanation on the info I needed, which was an active stylus for the envy x2, he put me on hold, and came back and told me about the capacitive (passive) styli that are available.

I had to explain to him the differences between an active and passive stylus. I finally got him to stop going back to the rubber tip styli. God, that was frustrating.

How could you possibly work for HP's tech support if you didn't even know the difference between active and passive stylus?

Right to the end, I don't think he got it. He just said HP is no longer selling the accessory. I had to tell him several times that HP never sold this particular accessory in the first place.

Anyway, let this be HP's official statement. The envy x2 does not and will never have an active stylus.

2. l0rdw0lf

l0rdw0lf Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all, Does anyone have a shot of the webpage before it was changed?
    I am currently building a profile of evidence against this case, for examination with the citizens advice bureau and submission to the trading standards commission as well as ombudsman. HP have denied that they gave consumers misleading information by advertising a product which doesn't exist and are unwilling to cooperate with anybody on this, the elite pad among others in their new range.

Also, if anyone has any more information about the part number etc. this would be greatly appreciated.

3. goodintentions

When I bought one for myself and one for my boyfriend, I didn't know they were going to change it. So, I didn't take a screenshot. But I swear on my mother's grave that I did a lot of research before buying these machines (they weren't cheap) and HP's official website did say it had an active stylus. When I called in HP's sales department back in February a sales rep told me the stylus was in backorder and will be available "soon". That's why I didn't return these and decided to wait for it. Had I known that the active stylus would never come around, I would have traded these in for the asus vivotab. That machine has an active stylus support.

I'm not the only person who swears that HP once upon a time claimed this machine would have an active stylus. Do a search and you will find people all over the internet saying the same thing.

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Well there is always the press images from when it came out showing the pen on, or next to the X2.

5. l0rdw0lf

l0rdw0lf Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased my X2 in December, when I bought it, the website did say that it had an optional active stylus, to draw write as you want etc... but I cannot find a cached copy of it to use as evidence in my case, it just shows the lengths that some companies will go to deceive its customers. I have tried time machine versions but these only go back to May / April, which seems to be conveniently when they removed it.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That would be a good one. Were there Envy ads with pens that didn't have the Elitepad 900 in them?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  7. aua

aua Pen Pal - Newbie

You might find some interesting stuff on https://www. ......... .com/sh/y8qrxysr30np5ff/DvZKuzSYdk
    [replace ...... with the name of a very popular cloud storage and file sharing website starting with Drop...x]
    I have uploaded some screenshots showing the envy + the stylus, html pages presenting the features of the Envy (including the stylus) and an excerpt of a press conference HP gave in December 2012 in which Caroline Hess, from HP, declares that "... the same pen [the Executive pen] is used on both of these products [EliteBook Revolve and ElitePad] and on the Envy x2".

That's all I have.

Aua

8. aua

aua Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not sure I am allowed to give an external link with some evidence of HP advertising the stylus for HP (since only participants with more than 5 posts are allowed to include external links in their message - and this is my 1st or 2nd post here), but here's the picture that was removed from HP pages in February/March (?):
    [​IMG]
    Aua

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Pretty damning evidence, I'd say.
    I have the Executive Pen and it doesn't work.

10. goodintentions