Stylistic R726 tablet

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by AnnAAyms, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They've had a few slips here and there. Aside from dabbling with N-trig for a short bit, in the Pre-iPad Tablet Age, they did put our a few Tablet PCs without Active digitizer's, and instead provided a simple Resistive stylus. However those non active & N-trig options were almost always limited to smaller size tablets with 10 inch screens and smaller (Anyone remember the little tablet that could, the U1010). Given how vast and long there product line is, I'm sure there have been a few more here and there without EMR.....but this is the first (first in recent history anyway) 12-incher not to pack EMR. I'd blame the iPad Pro for making Bigger tablets the "in" thing again. Its like collectively the standards for a 12 inch device just dropped.

Marty likes this.
  2. AnnAAyms

AnnAAyms Pen Pal - Newbie

I had and now have again after an ebay hunt/purchase the follow up the u820/U2010. It was nearly the same shape/size as the u810/U1010 but had one of those horrible early generation Atom (vs. Intel A110) Processors but also had a 1280x800 (vs. 1024x600) screen. To my knowledge the only UMPC class PC with Wacom were the OQO's. Never happening but I'd love a modern release/upgrade of the u820 (its "followup" the uh900 wasn't convertible). I feel it is easier/nicer to hold ergonomically than the current thin tablets plus it has a full sized usb port. If I could magically merge the Asus Note 8 with the Fujitsu u820 I'd have my perfect/dream traveling/concept-jolting machine.

Apologies for the tangent, anyway with Fujitsu jumping ship I guess the only future source for new Wacom EMR tablet PCs will be Wacom themselves? In the least that the guy in the video couldn't demonstrate the pen since "it's not connected" proves it isn't an EMR. I don't know if AES needs syncing or if his words are a clue that it is another technology?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Marty likes this.
  3. TruenoGT

TruenoGT Pen Pal - Newbie

What do you all make of this? I was watching this official R726 video on Youtube:

And at 0:36, that's definitely a classic Fujitsu EMR pen (see attached pic). I recognize it because I have the same pen from an older Fujitsu. Could they have used it in this video because they didn't have the "real" stylus to show? Possibly, but maybe there's still some hope. :)

Attached Files:

stormi and Marty like this.
  4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Or perhaps the person in the last video was just mistaken and somehow pulled a Synaptics pen from somewhere, saw that it didn't work, and reasoned that it "wasn't connected"...when in fact it was EMR all along.

Ah the wonderful world of the tablet PCs...25 years and we're still conjecturing, crossing our fingers, and invoking arcane rituals each time one is released. :D

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Haha nice find. Unfortunately it's definitely not Wacom EMR because the spec sheet mentions a battery driven pen and Synaptics has been confirmed from multiple sources.

About the video, maybe they first intended to use Wacom EMR but last minute changed to Synaptics for whatever reason.

6. Giacomo UCDS

Giacomo UCDS Tablet PC addicted

Yesterday Fujitsu Europe gave me a pre-production Stylistic R726 (i7-6600U, 8 GB, 128 GB, WWAN); I can test it for two weeks.
    If you have any question, please ask!
    - I got the stylus too. It looks like a second-generation Synaptics.

Starlight5 and Tams like this.
  7. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have two question: How is the fan noise? Fujitsu has a bad reputation when it comes to fan noise and throtteling for that matter. Try running Cinebench while watchig CPU frequeny.
    Second one: How accurate is the pen? Any lags?

Actually make this four: How does the keyboard feel compared to SP4? How bright is the screen?

8. Giacomo UCDS

Giacomo UCDS Tablet PC addicted

1.0) The fan noise is often audible in a empty room, even with light, Office work. It is pretty light but it is.
    1.1) Some throtteling is present. When I test the Stylistic R726 with CineBench 11.5, the CPU is 100% just for few seconds and the CPU benchmark is made with the CPU at 90/85%. Final CPU result is 2.66 points (according to my own test database, it is the same performance of Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1 Mk1 with i5-3437U, Surface Pro 3 with Core i5-4300U or HP EliteBook 2760p with Core i5-2410M. The HP Star Wars Special Edition Notebook with Core i7-6500U is 3.51 points, or 1.32x faster). The GPU (Intel HD520) performance are pretty good: 25.25 fps, higher than HP Spectre x360 13-4000 with HD5500 (23.59 fps, 1.07x slower) but lower than the HP Star Wars with NVIDIA GeForce 940M (26.69 fps, 1.06x faster).
    2) The new pen looks pretty good. Not a Wacom EMR, but first impressions with casual use are good, no lags at the moment. Give me a couple of days of real works and notetaking and I can give a real review.
    3) The keyboard is pretty good, but not really exciting. I'll test it deeply tomorrow and during the weekend with a real mobile use. The magnetic connector is very poor - if you raise the tablet, the keyboard fall. First impressions are that the Surface 4 Keyboard is far superior.
    4) The screen is really good. There are lots of clouds these days in Milan, so I can't test it in direct sun, but it should be fully usable in exteriors. Unfortunately it is glossy (Surface-like) and with a 16:9 form factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.