Stylistic R726 tablet

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by AnnAAyms, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnAAyms

AnnAAyms Pen Pal - Newbie

I see there is a thread for the Lifebook T936 but I don't see one for the Stylistic R726 tablet so I'm posting this in case anyone is interested in knowing:
    http://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/pc/tablets/stylistic-r726/

I found out about it through:
    http://liliputing.com/2015/11/fujit...convertible-ultrabook-for-business-users.html
    The line "an optional digital pen" in the article makes me nervous it is AES but the other aspects of how it is written makes me think the author is ignorant about tablet PCs and more so Fujitsu's tablets. I suspect it is actually an integrated EMR but any clarity from other news/sources would be appreciated.

2. TruenoGT

TruenoGT Pen Pal - Newbie

Hot diggity, we really need a Surface form factor tablet (i.e. kickstand) with EMR (besides SP2 of course). It's got an anti-glare option and the usual good Fujitsu docking station, though I'd prefer the external brick dock ala the new Surface dock. Maybe no fanless though as the Fujitsu site only lists i3 and i5 processor options. Doesn't appear to have USB type-C/TB3 either unfortunately. I have a feeling it's going to be a showdown between this and the Toshiba Z20t-C early next year for the ultimate EMR drawing slate (assuming Fujitsu sticks with EMR that is).

Tams likes this.
  3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

These guys report the pen is Wacom EMR. Disappointed that the display is only FHD.

4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

In this video, you can get a closer look at the pen, at 1:59:

Judging from the nib and body, it's looking more like a ES type pen. :(

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ehhh......aside from like one or two tablets that used N-trig years back, Fujitsu has always been one of the few OEMs where you could rely on them to use Wacom EMR.

As much as I was fearing they would jump ship to Wacom AES.........them jumping to Synaptics is worse.

7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yup, when I was watching a video on this unit the pen was held up to the camera and I immediately said, ouch, that is Synaptics.

A 16:9 'Surface competitor' seems to miss the mark as well. Having the latest i-core CPU's does make it stand out but I am wondering about the fan/cooling system. Time will tell.

8. Marty

The thing I do net get is--this just has regular 12.5" 16:9 screen--for which there already exists a perfectly-sized EMR digitizer (eg. Toshiba RX82/T). There is no need to cook up some exotic pen solution...can anyone explain the business logic?

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Can the Device be thinner? - Check
    Can the Device be cheaper to make? - Check
    Can the Device's Battery last longer? - Check
    Can the Pen be purely optional? - Check

Sold!

10. Marty

If it were a schizophrenic OEM like Dell or HP...maybe.

But you're telling me Fujitsu waited 25 years to apply that ridiculous logic to it's time-honored Stylistic line? I'm not buyin' it...(literally, in this case ;))

Tams likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.