Stylistic Q775 - 13.3" FHD i7 512GB SSD tablet with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokster

Smokster Pen Pal - Newbie

Recently bought this tablet boundled with keyboard and power dock.

Keyboard is not backlit and it is not easy to work in the evening.

Strange thing - it is quite slow, even my Elitepad 1000 with old generation atom processor, 4 gb of ram and simple emmc drive is much more responsive and quicker. (same Windows 10 pro x64 on both)

On paper I have a decent config (I5 5300U, 8gb ram, LTE, 256 ssd) but in real life it does even worst than intel atom tab (boot time, wake up from sleep, general responsivness etc).

2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. Smokster

I am perfectly aware of thermal throttling specific to Fujitsu tabs and have red this forum before I bought Q775 but never suspected it is so bad. Indeed general responsivness is on pair or below intel atom.

In the past 12 monhs I had (or still have) 5 windows tablets prior to Q775

Fujitsu Q584 (intel atom 32 bits), HP Elitepad 1000 (intel atom 64 bits), HP Elite x2 1011 (intel core M), MS Surface 3 (intel atom 64 bits) and HP Spectre 13 x2 pro (intel I5).

None of these above was as slow to boot and wake up as Q775. Even Q584 with its massive resolution screen and old intel atom was much more quicker and responsive.

Just to give you an idea of how slow it is, i just mesured timing of wake up from sleep to password screen (roughly) boh tabs are 13 inch, full HD screen, win 10 pro x64:

HP Spectre 13 x2 pro: between 1 and 2 seconds,
    Q775: 10 to 11 seconds

P.S. There is a video of QSTONE above in this topic that shows much better wake-up time but he runs Win 7 and has I7 processor. My system with I5 processor and Win 10 x64 out of the box is slow as hell :( Even when set on high performance mode

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@Smokster did you try clean installing OS?

5. Smokster

Yes, clean install with all up to date Fujitsu drivers for W10.

I run benchmarks and the result is very similar to I7 model: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/7275054

So, I guess, there is a problem with Fujitsu drivers or security app (Fujitu Workplace protect) for Windows 10

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@Smokster you should skip most Fujitsu drivers and apps, unless something refuses to work - latest OEM, and even those automatically installed by 10, are usually better.

7. Smokster

@"?zwsQUOTE="Starlight5, post: 477952, member: 56584"]@Smokster you should skip most Fujitsu drivers and apps, unless something refuses to work - latest OEM, and even those automatically installed by 10, are usually better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for advice.

I found the problem; it is "Fujitsu Workplace Protect" software that manages secure access to device. Uninstalled it and now wake up from sleep till password screen is below 1 second instead of 11 before.

Other than that - nice tablet. SSD is user upgradable, battery easily replaceable and all internals are easily accessible. Back cover is just clipped on, no screws at all.

Screen brightness and colors are pretty average but fingertouch and wacom are nice. Keyboard is just ok/decent nothing more than that but touchpad with dedicated buttons is excellent.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
    Yao and Starlight5 like this.
  8. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

hi fellas. i read all 8 pages and great information. thank you.

prices on the Q775 have come down to respectable levels now and i may pick one up.

rare to get 2 in 1 that is 13.3" wacom emr and full core u cpu. then add on 92 whr batteries.

2 questions:

1. is the fan noise acceptable?

2. does the battery power keyboard have backlit keys? it says yes on fujitsu website but i read a comment here that the keyboard is not backlit.

thank you for any information

9. Smokster

I have this tab for several months already.

No significant fan noise that I can hear , very quiet tablet.

Power keyboard is backlit with removable battery.

kvoram, Yao and ATIVQ like this.
  10. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

Very much appreciated for this confirmation.

So happy to hear the fan noise is acceptable.

I would imagine for such an expensive business device the power keyboard should have backlit keys :)

Can I confirm the keyboard model number of: Power keyboard docking station FPCKE432 or FPCKE432AP ?

If its this keyboard. i just read that it is compatible with the updated Q736 skylake and Q737 kaby lake :)

Thank you again!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.