Stylistic Q775 - 13.3" FHD i7 512GB SSD tablet with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qstone

qstone Pen Pal - Newbie

hendryjl, have you checked out the HP Spectre x360? Yoga-like, very pretty, good pricing, albeit Synaptics pen tech. If it had 4G/LTE I'd buy it. Maybe the Q775 will get an express buy with 4G/LTE...

2. hendryjl

hendryjl Pen Pal - Newbie

I literally JUST posted over in the Thinkpad Yoga 12 thread that I placed my Lenovo Order today. Didn't get them to $1007 like JoeS did, but got them to $1099. I refuse to flake out twice. I'm sticking with this order. I better walk away from the forums until it arrives so I can stop waffling! :)

lovelaptops, Bronsky and qstone like this.
  3. Arash Akhgari

Arash Akhgari Pen Pal - Newbie

I cannot find any review on this machine.. I am about to get a i5 model with 8GB of ram. My purpose is 2D animation and freelance animation / illustration works on the go. By specs it seems the best option comparing to Cintiq Companion 2. But since it's an over 2K investment I need to be sure of the quality and the drawbacks.. Can anyone suggest some thought? Or common problems with Stylistic product line in general?
    I appreciate a lot if anybody can comment on this..

I just talked to a representative and she also told me since I will customize the machine there is no return policy on it!! Also I've read the throttling problem for Q704. Not sure if it will be the same for this one too..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Does anyone actually have the devices?

Arash Akhgari likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Pen Pal - Newbie

Bump the above comment. Interested in what people think of the q775 if anyone has received them yet.

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I wish I saw your post earlier... Have you already gotten a device?? I would not recommend this slate for 2D animation, in fact, even the Surface Pro 2 would be a more reliable bet as far as smaller slates go for animation. I would give more useful recommendations for mobile 2D animation/illustration but you may have already bought a device by now.

Arash Akhgari likes this.
  7. thedamian

thedamian Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone actually gotten one of these? I'm interested but would like to see a review and can't find any. Also interested in whether the battery is replaceable (it says internal, but that can mean either still fairly easily replaceable or soldered in).

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

How is it possible no one has bought/reviewed this yet on the internet?? Not even notebookcheck (who often review Fujitsu hardware before anyone else) has whispered of it.
    I want to know if throttle as bad as the other fujitsu slim slates. I also wanna know the screen quality on this puppy.

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Artist would rather buy the Companion 2. Note-takers would rather buy the Surface Pro 3. Office workers would rather buy the T935 or the Yoga 12. For $200 more you get a much better art device (although without a keyboard); the detachable keyboard means it's prone to tip over and not nice to type on; and at 13.3" it's past most people's thin-and-light note-taking device.

It's a great device that tries to cater all three pen niche markets but is too unsuitable for each of the three.

stoneseeker likes this.
  10. qstone

qstone Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I'm a real estate agent and having a 2-in-1 with pen and 4G has been a long term goal for me. My ancient Gateway convertible is really on it's last legs. I was waiting to see if Lenovo would add 4G to the Thinkpad Yoga 14, but then the machine disappeared entirely. Had my finger on the Buy Button for the HP Spectre x360, but decided in the end that if I'm going to buy a computer once every 8(!) years I might as well get the specs I want. I ordered it maxed out with the powered keyboard. Supposed to ship July 7th. will post when it gets here. Hopefully MS doesn't release a 14" Surface Pro with LTE any time soon, because then I'll have to kick myself around the block. Just got tired of waiting for the new Surface, plus it seems to me that it's not likely there will be a 14" version despite the rumors.

From the dearth of info on the internets, it looks like I'm the first chump outside of corporate willing to pay through the nose for one.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    stormi, stoneseeker, Bronsky and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.