Stylistic Q775 - 13.3" FHD i7 512GB SSD tablet with Wacom digitizer

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

thank you novo!

here is one i found with your information:

https://www.amazon.com/iTEKIRO-CP50...1487257432&sr=1-2&keywords=iTEKIRO+FPCAC163AP

Gents,

I just found out the Asus compact 65w laptop ac adapter is exactly the same size at 5.5 and 2.5mm and voltage / A are the same as well.

This is great because this adapter is extremely small and compact. Also, only abouut $20 in ebay!

thank you again guys.

2. Yao

Hello fellow Q775 owners and experts,

Question: are the LTE antennaes already on Q775's that did not come with LTE where I can buy a sierra card and install it myself?

thank you.

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Yao antennas shouldn't be included, but eBay is your friend, just buy a pair of MHF4 LTE ones.

You need to check if your machine has the following:
    * SIM-slot,
    * empty m.2 b-keyed slot for modem.

If both are present, all is good and dandy.

You can get the module from Fujitsu themselves (very expensive), or eBay etc. If you have access to some other machine with m.2 WWAN module, try that first, maybe the slot is not whitelisted after all.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Starlight5

@Yao FWIW Fujitsu-branded EM8805 are avalable for $66-67 shipped internationally on eBay (and half that price in Germany). I paid ~$80 for Lenovo-branded EM7455 which is a beast of LTE modem, and honestly believe paying more than $100 for WWAN is not very wise. Best option would be if Fujitsu doesn't have whitelist, then you could just grab any modem with required frequencies; be aware though that Huawei ME906 series have vulnerable firmware, I personally would never touch that.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Yao likes this.
  6. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

YAO!
    Look that is written at you on a box? if it is written that No WWAN canot upgrade latter that you won't be able to install the modem.
    I to you have thrown off the reference where sell the original spare parts Fujitsu.
    If you can expensively buy on ebay, but surely you look that there would be no binding to the operator. what cheaper without binding to the operator cost cheaper, what the unblocked unlocked they will be written and are more expensive.
    For the USA sierra wireless em7355, for Europe sierra wireless em7305. Other hyawei modems take will work. take only sierra wirelles em7305, I know because established.

Yao likes this.
  7. novo22

novo22 Pen Pal - Newbie

LTE MODULES

These module support LTE data speeds up to 100 Mbps downlink and 50 Mbps uplink and are compatible with HSPA+ and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies. EM7305 (Europe)

LTE, HSPA+, GSM/GPRS/EDGE

Download 100Mbps, Upload 50Mbps

LTE: B1, B3, B7, B8, B20

UMTS/HSPA+: B1, B2, B5, B8

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: Quad Band

GPS: Standalone GPS, A-GPS, GPS XTRA, Glonass

System: Win7, Win8, Linux

Für zahlreiche Notebooks, Ultrabooks mit PCI-E M.2 Anschluß geeignet wie Fujitsu Lifebook und Stylistic, Toshiba WT310 u.a., Portege Z10t u.a.

8. Yao

Thank you starlight and novo.

i will research and see if it can be done. it would be nice to have a sim card in my Q775 and send / receive SMS messages when I need to :)

9. Yao

hi starlight,
    Do you think this LTE antenna an easily be fitted into the Q775?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IPEX-MHF4-A...566349?hash=item3f62dca28d:g:M34AAOSwo4pYU~qT

Would this be the right sierra LTE card? i believe its m.2 interface

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EM7305-3G-4...245243?hash=item3acab94f3b:g:4h8AAOSwRgJXleFo

I would love to have my Q775 send / receive sms txt messages via a sim card :)

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  10. Starlight5

@Yao yes, fitting LTE antenna (with MHF4 connector in this case) should be easy. You can use compact Wi-Fi antennas with MHF4 connector if you want and they provide good enough reception for you. The card you linked will work, if there is no whitelist. If there is whitelist, you need to find the same (or other model, yet same form-factor - EM series Sierra Wireless) Fujitsu branded mobile broadband card. I don't know if there is a whitelist or not, for your model. Best option to check if there is whitelist or not, is to try using non-Fujitsu branded card. WWAN activation guide from my signature most likely won't work since the leaked version of Fujitsu DFIS tool is old and doesn't support it.

Yao likes this.