Stylistic Q584 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tijo, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptolomy

Ptolomy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you!!! Changing from "Right Click" to "Tablet PC Defined" did the trick. I was going crazy having to tap and hold as a workaround. (I am addicted to the lasso and use it about once a minute!)

As far as the keyboard dock fit, I wouldn't say it's super tight, but not "floppy" either. The gap is just big enough to fit my fingernail in.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

Lurked around for a bit watching news on the TPT3 and fixes for TPT2. Stumbled on this thread and thought what the heck, ill go for it.

Got mine yesterday. Love the keyboard dock, and while the resolution is a bit odd on this (coming from a tpt2, feels a bit cramped width-wise), the screen is clear and responsive. Also love that I finally get to experience Z3! It's heavier than the TPT2, but not by much, and is still very comfortable to use in bed etc.

So far, only issues have been getting the fingerprint reader to work consistently at log on, and the fact that battery drain seems to actually be worse than the tpt2. Went to bed at about 12:30 last night with 82% and woke at 7 to 71%. There were some updates waiting to be installed, so perhaps that's why, but it's a bad omen 😓

Anywho, glad to finally join and take part!

Tams likes this.
  3. Anfanglir

Anfanglir Pen Pal - Newbie

The reason I bought a q584 was the rugged factor - I need to be able to use my tablet outdoors on fieldwork regardless of weather. The water proofing has an added benefit, one that I really appreciate: the possibility to use the tablet in the bath tub! I love reading in the bath. :D

(Note that the keyboard is not rugged, only the tablet, and that the version with the smart card reader is not water resistance.)

BTW, still no reviews of the Q584? I find that very strange, Fujitsu should be shipping units for review to sites like UMPC etc

/ Anfanglir

4. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Two issues to ask owners about:

Does anyone else have problems with the camera app? It will sometimes freeze my tablet, requiring a hard reboot.

Also, where are the microphones? I seem to be getting some muffled sound from them, and I'm wondering if I'm just covering them or something. Has anyone else had muffled sound?

5. eatup

eatup Pen Pal - Newbie

delete........

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  6. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

how do you like the tablet so far...aside from these issues

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

7. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

what kind of battery life you guys getting

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

8. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

For the mix of things that got 6-7 hours on my previous SP2, I get 9-11 hours on my Q584. Not counting gaming sessions - those suck the juice quickly regardless of device.

9. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I will have to hunt for the mics, but no issues with the camera app.

10. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Amazing, perfect for my needs...

...but I'm seriously getting tired of the types of defects I've seen on this device, and based on the amount of time it takes to get things repaired (in the US at least), I am really not excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.